As Polychain’s investments within both liquid and illiquid assets grow, we are increasingly supporting our investment theses with data. This data engineering role will serve primarily to use data sources (both open source and closed from our data providers) to pull, sort, and present data in a way that can be used and interpreted by our team. The data we weigh on spans broadly, from chain-level to macro industry data.
We ultimately need someone who, more than anything, loves data and the challenge of organizing and making sense of it.
- Support all research data identification, extraction, manipulation, and output
- Pulling both on and off-chain data using public and internally subscribed premium API’s and sorting into a digestible format
- Create internal infrastructure to more efficiently pull in new data under time constraints
- Loves data and enjoys the finding efficient ways to manipulate and interpret it
- Strong knowledge of data manipulation programming, particularly Python
- Jupyter Notebooks, Pandas
- Plus -Experience with Google Cloud, BigTable, or even AWS
- Should be able to create simple data visualizations and backend storage feeding the visualizations
- 1-2 years of experience
- Genuine passion for cryptocurrency and blockchain technology and investment
- Resourceful and solutions oriented thinker; comfortable operating in an environment of ambiguity and little structure
Polychain is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Polychain does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.