Senior Full Stack Engineer, North America, Remote
Who we are:
We’re Polly, an engagement app that captures instant response on Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom and helps teams make data-driven decisions instantly. We are a remote, globally distributed team located in multiple time zones. Polly’s best-in-class engagement solution continues to expand to organizations of all sizes. We’re a lean, dynamic, proud and collaborative team leading the way as the go-to choice for engagement in the remote and hybrid work environment. Polly is well-funded, cash flow positive and growing.
Joining our Engineering Team:
Every moment at an early-stage startup counts. At Polly, we seek-out team members who are ambitious and curious, who operate with intention and passion. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you’ll work to build the systems behind Polly’s one-time and recurring polls, surveys, and feedback workflows that run directly in Slack, MS Teams, Zoom, and Google Meet. You will work closely with multiple stakeholders and make a big impact on our users. We’re primarily working with Node on the backend and React on the front-end, in a modern development environment that features single click deployments on a daily basis. We're seeking engineers who have an interest in working in a highly collaborative environment where you're encouraged to help mentor other members of the team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an early team and gain exposure to everything it takes to rapidly scale a well-funded software startup.
- Build, evolve, and support one of the most popular apps on the Slack, MS Teams, Zoom, and Google Meet platforms
- Ship high-quality software with a tight-knit engineering team
- Get involved in every aspect of Polly’s products, from design to iteration and deployment
- Develop, automate, and maintain our cloud and containerization infrastructure
- Take part in DevOps rotations to support our production environment
- Mentor more junior developers
What you bring:
- Experience with multiple product life cycles of commercial software development in B2B, SaaS, and/or Cloud focus
- Experience successfully building out solutions end-to-end and are comfortable operating in any layer of the architecture. Our tech stack is built on Node and React, but any past web development experience is suitable
- User-centered, solution-oriented design experience and the ability to understand what the user wants and what you can deliver within the constraints
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to lead a project end-to-end
- Strong communication skills and great problem-solving ability
- Experience operating in a remote team environment
- Technical and professional developer aptitude and ability to learn new concepts quickly
- The ability to overlap working hours with the Pacific time-zone and enthusiasm to meet IRL, on occasion, for offsite and planning sessions in Seattle
Compensation and Benefits:
As an early employee you’ll join the founding team on a journey to rapidly scale our enterprise SaaS business, with a real opportunity to influence our company, product, and users. US based employees at Polly enjoy competitive compensation and great benefits including PTO, medical, dental, vision, equity, and more.
We encourage you to apply:
Even if you do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to submit an application and cover letter with information about your background and why you want to work at Polly.
Polly is committed to a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.