We’re Polly, an engagement app that captures instant response on Slack and Microsoft Teams and helps you make data-driven decisions instantly. We are a remotely-based, distributed team located in various parts of the US, Canada, and Pakistan.
Who are we: A fully-remote company building an engagement platform that captures instant responses from your team.
Our Mission: Rebuild engagement in the workplace. Nobody wants to take a survey. We’re changing that.
Why: There are over 1 billion knowledge workers in the world, all experiencing the transition to remote work, all without a good way to stay engaged without Polly.
Investors: $8.3M Series A, led by Madrona (investors in Snowflake, Datadog, Smartsheet)
Team: Over 30 people today, including startup vets from early Lucid, Big Fish, and Buffer on the leadership team.
As the Associate Product Manager, you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to create Polly’s competitive roadmap, and milestones deliverables
- Evaluate, prioritize (cost/impact/value), and manage the feature backlog for effective release and sprint planning
- Collaborate with Design to break down product features at the user story level and prioritize into the backlog
- First find data, then leverage it to understand product performance and iterate constantly to deliver a best in class product features and experiences
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks, and drive cross-functional stakeholder accountability
- Anticipate and remove obstacles that slow down or prevent projects from delivering within scheduled timeframes
- Navigate through organizational barriers and advocate for the right decisions to best serve the users
- Understand and communicate tradeoffs and ensure the team is set up for success
- Ensure product features align with that of customer needs and translate into impactful features by collaborating with customer facing stakeholders and engaging with customers directly.
- Fuel your “curiosity appetite” by researching and analyzing markets and segments in which Polly competes; stay abreast of industry trends, events, and channels to cultivate creative product innovation
This is an entry level role - we’re looking for people who can quickly learn and develop the skills needed to build a great product. Some of the things you’ll need to develop or perhaps already have:
- Technical aptitude and/or the ability to learn the technical side of product development.
- Able to view things through a strategic, more visionary lens then execute at a tactical level
- Ability to partner effectively with engineering teams to implement new features, while maintaining a high quality bar
- Strong quantitative ability to support data-informed decision making
- Collaborative, team player with the ability to navigate and influence the organization
- Ability to assess, listen and then collaborate to add the right level of structure within the product engineering ecosystem
- You operate well in a highly ambiguous environment where most things have to be flushed out and/or built from scratch
- Self-starter, strong detail-orientation, and continuously focused on results
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, gain consensus, and prioritize those most impactful first
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are successful at building trust and driving alignment across a diverse set of stakeholders
**Please attach a copy of your college transcripts for review as part of our application process.
Polly is the leading solution to measure critical workflows in Slack and MS Teams. Already loved by over thousands of companies (including many Fortune 100), Polly empowers every employee to gather real-time insights in a way that’s quick, easy to use, and maximizes participation. Join us to help define how work is measured and managed in the era of enterprise messaging!
Polly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.