We’re Polly, one of the largest, longest running, and fastest growing applications on Slack and Microsoft Teams. We make it easy for millions of users across thousands of teams to measure and manage their work.
Project duration: 3 months
As a Content Writer, you will:
Review the content available on the website at https://polly.ai, specifically focusing on the content in Guides, Help Center, and Customer Stories. Then carry out the below:
- Explore the Polly product in detail - in both Slack and Microsoft Teams -- with an eye toward updating customer content resources both content wise & visually
- Define a flow for help content that is easy for the customer to understand and navigate
- Arrange content in an order (most common queries in Intercom) so that queries coming on Intercom are redirected to the appropriate places. Make the content easy to scan and read and find quick, succinct answers
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and add new topics. These gaps may be written as well as visual aids (i.e. screenshots, video tutorials)
- Update current articles by removing duplicates, updating relevant features, removing obsolete content e.g. features not available/upgraded
- Explore how other survey/polls platforms have designed their Help Centers for design inspiration
- Deploy feedback tool on the content pages so there is an ongoing feedback loop with the customer
Skills and past achievements:
- Strong written English communication
- Attention to detail
- Familiar with design of help documentation. You may be asked to share a portfolio of relevant work samples.
- Familiar with the concept of customer experience and customer communication
- Familiar with online tools to engage with relevant stakeholders for input.
- Needs to be comfortable with working on US hours
- Familiar with messaging platforms like Intercom and CMS tools like Hubspot (preferred but not mandatory)
- Ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision