Position is Remote, located in the US or Canada.
Who are we? At Polly, we show up every day to realize a world where every voice is empowered to transform work. Our engagement app captures instant response on Slack, Teams, and Zoom, helping remote and hybrid teams make data-driven decisions instantly.
Who uses Polly? We have over a million users each month and are relied upon by thousands of companies (including many Fortune 100). We are sought out by distributed, hybrid, and remote organizations who are obsessed with measuring experiences and empowering voices. We take that seriously.
Want to meet us? We are ambitious, kind, and intentional in our work. Every second counts at an early stage startup; we look for teammates who can act with urgency, ask thoughtful questions, and quickly navigate the unknowns that come to light when building from scratch. We are a fully remote, distributed team located in various parts of the US, Canada, and Pakistan.
Who are you? At Polly, we seek out team members who are ambitious and curious, who operate with intention and passion.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you’ll build the systems behind Polly’s polls, surveys, and feedback workflows that run directly within Slack. You'll work in a remote capacity with multiple stakeholders, including our founders, and make a big impact on our users. We’re primarily working with Node on the backend and React on the frontend, in a modern development environment that features single click deployments on a daily basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join an early team and gain exposure to everything it takes to rapidly scale a well-funded software startup.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at Polly, you will:
- Build, evolve, and support one of the most popular Slack and MS Teams apps
- Ship high-quality software with a tight-knit engineering team
- Get involved in every aspect of Polly’s products, from design to iteration to deployment
- Develop, automate, and maintain our cloud and containerization infrastructure
- Take part in on-call DevOps rotations to support our production environment
- Work on projects across every layer of the stack
- Mentor more junior developers to ensure success
Skills and past achievements:
- You have successfully taken multiple commercial software products to launch within a B2B, SaaS, and/or Cloud environment
- You've built out scalable solutions end-to-end and are comfortable operating in any layer of the architecture. Our tech stack is built on Node and React, but any past web development experience is suitable combined with curiosity and passion to learn
- User-centered design experience: Ability to understand what the user wants and what you can deliver within the constraints, operating with empathy during each step of the process
- Excellent leadership skills: Ability to lead a project end-to-end and commitment to keeping stakeholders updated on progress and deliverables
- Experience running and maintaining production infrastructures
- Strong, proactive communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively across product, design and engineering teams
- Being successful in our environment means being highly adaptable and flexible to tackle the types of challenges seen at an early stage startup
- Curious learner who is always sharpening skills and asking "Why?"
- Bonus Points: Love for Slack and/or parrots
Our team values empathy, respect, and has a bias towards action. We operate and make decisions with these shared core company values in mind: Own it, Be Intentional, Push Boundaries, Act Now, and Inspire Good. If you are joining our team, it's because you have a shared goal in living these values like us. This is an exciting time to be part of our team's journey as we rapidly scale our enterprise SaaS business, with real opportunity to influence and impact our company, product, and users.
Polly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.