We’re Polly, an engagement app that captures instant response on Slack and Microsoft Teams and helps you make data-driven decisions instantly. We are a remotely-based, distributed team located in various parts of the US, Canada, and Pakistan.
The Senior Product Designer will be a strategic contributor within the product development and optimization process. In this role, you will need to be comfortable flexing across a variety of different interfaces (ie Slack, Teams, as well as Polly’s web app) as you work to balances the goals and vision of the business with that of the customer problem. You are highly adaptable and have the ability to think in terms of atomic design principles and how elements, components, and layouts fit into a larger design system. While you might be stronger in certain areas than others, you’re comfortable with all aspects of design. This is a unique opportunity to actively look at and propose product changes that would bring growth opportunities, always being conscious of the business value our design work is bringing.
- Break down complex use-cases and work to deliver solid designs.
- Drive design from early-stage concepts all the way through final delivery and product launch. You’ll work closely with product management and engineering on daily basis.
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, detailed UX, and visual design specifications. Every pixel has a purpose, and every interaction is thoughtful.
- You can effectively collaborate with engineers, product managers and business stakeholders and are able to do so in this next era of remote working.
- Review wireframes and prototypes with internal partners and make changes as necessary.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure designs are implemented to spec.
- Works across functional teams to understand business and feature requirements
Skills, experience, attributes and factors that lead to your success:
- Experience working collaboratively on design goals and the ability to translate those goals into an iterative process from white boarding, wireframing, prototyping proof of concepts, to final design specs, and production launch.
- Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks
- You understand how design impacts development and vice versa. Your designs should be feasible to implement, and you’ll make sure they’re developed accurately.
- Experience working with and contributing to digital design systems, style guides, and pattern libraries
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and tasks
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- You are empathetic and possess a user-centered mindset
- Self-motivated, positive, open-minded, with a desire to collaborate and learn
- Working knowledge and experience with latest design tools like Sketch and Axure
- Knowledge of web standards, accessibility standards, CSS, HTML, native app development standards
- A deep understanding of UI/UX design principles and best practices across platforms
- Experience designing B2B and DTC experiences
To apply and be considered, please provide a link to your online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices. **Dribble portfolios (while nice to show off finished product) do not provide a deep enough dive into the design process. If your portfolio is on Behance, please be sure to include examples of your design process.
Polly is the leading solution to measure critical workflows in Slack and MS Teams. Already loved by thousands of companies (including many Fortune 100), Polly empowers every employee to gather real-time insights in a way that’s quick, easy to use, and maximizes participation. Join us to help define how work is measured and managed in the era of enterprise messaging!