We’re Polly, one of the largest, longest running, and fastest growing applications on Slack and Microsoft Teams. We make it easy for millions of users across thousands of teams to measure and manage their work.
Your team will be building the systems behind Polly’s polls, surveys, and feedback workflows that run directly in Slack and MS Teams. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll recruit, build and grow a team of talented engineers who work across the stack. You will not only be responsible for managing and directing the day to day flow of engineering tasks and priorities but you will also have strong ownership and influence in shaping Polly’s technical strategy for our future product initiatives.
As an Engineering Manager at Polly, you will:
- Provide both technical and product leadership, ensuring high quality in both areas
- Empower the team to solve problems by understanding their needs and coming up with both short term workarounds and long term solutions
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders to define the team’s roadmap amid competing priorities
- Perform code reviews and participate in technical architecture discussions to ensure the success of the project
- Coach and develop engineers on the team, helping them meet their career development goals
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Polly’s engineering management team
- Manage, monitor, and improve the processes and team culture needed to produce high quality software
- Spend focused time working on the recruitment of solid engineers who will level up our Engineering organization and help us scale to the next level. Partner with Recruiting to evolve the process, define the roles, actively recruit, and hire great talent. Strategize and implement ways to accomplish hiring goals in a tight, competitive market.
Skills, attributes and achievements:
- Proven experience managing teams of 5+ engineers in a distributed work environment
- You’re highly passionate about technology and technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- You’ve successfully recruited and retained great people to your teams and perhaps even a few of them have followed you along the way
- Experience defining a mission and achieving the goals of the organization
- Demonstrated track record of managing high-performing product engineering teams through multiple product lifecycle iterations
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and build processes to scale the engineering organization
- Experience with performance management - goal setting, coaching, ensuring the success of others
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
You’ll be joining a team that values empathy, respect, and strong work ethic. As an early employee you’ll join the founding team on a journey to rapidly scale our enterprise SaaS business, with a real opportunity to influence on our company, product, and users. Everyone at Polly enjoys leading compensation and great benefits including PTO, medical, dental, vision, equity, and more.
Polly is the leading solution to measure critical workflows in Slack, MS Teams, & Google Meet. Already loved by thousands of companies (inc. many Fortune 100), Polly empowers every employee to gather real-time insights in a way that’s quick, easy to use, and maximizes participation. Join us to help define how work is measured and managed in the era of enterprise messaging.