We’re Polly, one of the largest, longest running, and fastest growing Slack applications. We make it easy for millions of users across thousands of teams to measure and manage their work.
While we’ve grown 100% organically to date, we’re increasing our footprint and looking for strategic Head of Enterprise Sales to lead from the front as we make a deliberate charge to our sales-driven model. In this role you’ll work with our founders to develop the end-to-end sales strategy for our market, roll up your sleeves to prove it out, then build a sales organization to rapidly scale growth. While this role is definitely strategic, you are motivated by holding quota and being a mighty team of one for the first few months to build the function from scratch.
As Sales Manager at Polly, you will:
- Own both strategy & execution - develop and implement Polly’s enterprise sales playbook for customers in the 1,000-10,000 seat range from the ground up
- Prospect for new accounts, close on warm leads, partner with existing accounts to increase adoption of new and existing tools
- Continuous optimization at every level of the sales cycle to realize best channels, best strategy to engage leads and how to seek out enterprise power users
- Work closely with customers - run a high-touch sales process across multiple channels (email, in-person, events, etc.)
- Help define our product - work closely with our founders, product, & engineering to continually evolve the Polly offering and our go-to-market strategy
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to develop a customer feedback loop to promote and improve our Polly offering
Skills and past achievements:
- Demonstrated success growing B2B, Enterprise, or Mid-Market sales in a SaaS organization (or otherwise with heavily leveraged digital lead generation)
- Experience running end-to-end sales in a short sales-cycle environment in the $5k-$50k ARR range
- Excellent high-level sales strategy while maintaining the ability to initially be 100% hands-on
- Demonstrated abilities in hiring, mentoring and leading others in a successful SaaS environment
- You have past experience working with Sales Ops, Growth, and Business Development Reps to maximize lead generation and qualification but can effectively operate without these functions in an early-stage startup
- Strong communication skills and excellent problem-solving ability
- You are a leader; someone who easily brings others along the journey. Inspires, drives accountability and performance.
- Proven ability to be nimble, wear multiple hats, and operate successfully in a small, high-growth startup
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Bonus Points: Love of Slack and/or Parrots
You’ll be joining a team that values empathy, respect, and has strong work ethic. As an early employee you’ll join the founding team on a journey to rapidly scale our enterprise SaaS business, with a real opportunity to influence our company, product, and users. Everyone at Polly enjoys competitive compensation and great benefits including PTO, medical, dental, vision, equity, and more.
Polly is the leading solution to measure critical workflows in Slack, MS Teams, & Google Meet. Already loved by thousands of companies (inc. many Fortune 100), Polly empowers every employee to gather real-time insights in a way that’s quick, easy to use, and maximizes participation. Join us to help define how work is measured and managed in the era of enterprise messaging!