This is an exciting opportunity to build, develop and evolve the voice of a global brand across multiple platforms with a special focus on online and offline brand presence as well as campaign messaging.
- You have your finger on the pulse of culture and you have a global outlook.
- Your insatiable curiosity allows you to crossover genres and geographical locations.
- You believe in the power of words and think storytelling to be the single biggest influencer of minds.
- Yet you tell the story differently each time because you know your audience.
- You’re excited about building a brand with a unique voice that shines out from the rest.
We’re on a growth journey to increase our creative output and expand our market influence in the next 12 months.
This role plays a crucial part in that goal and will be key in defining the strategy and course of the brand as well as concepting and writing of influential brand messaging.
The Copywriter will work closely with the Customer Experience team to build the brand’s voice and copy standards across all touchpoints to establish Pollen as the leading consumer brand for experiences.
What you’ll achieve within 12 months
- Develop messaging for our macros, shortcuts for customer service agents as well as social media specialists making sure that our brand voice is consistent in all applications across all platforms
- Evaluate the adequacy of the existing communication database and adapt it to our business needs
- Ensure internal and external communications are produced to the highest standards of accuracy and quality control.
- Work closely with our strategy team to create effective communication across all platforms for new policy rollouts and crisis management
- Ideate, write and develop concepts for multiple purposes; from promoting the brand, to promoting its products or exploring brand extensions in different formats.
- Work in partnership with the Customer Experience leadership team to analyze our customer base and craft effective messaging for different audiences
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Find out more about our culture and life at Pollen on Instagram.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).