Pollen has evolved from a business that primarily sold 3rd party experiences through our marketplace platform, to focusing on partnering with some of the biggest music artists, promoters and celebrities in the world to curate our own experiences.
Throughout the second half of 2021 and into 2022 we’ll be launching 100s of multi-day travel experiences only available on our platform - having already launched with multiple award-winning artists and partners, including Justin Bieber, J Balvin, Ozuna, and Brett Young.
Whilst our core business remains focused on expanding across a range of music genres, Pollen has identified a number of strategic new verticals to ensure our continued long-term growth - Active Travel, Family Travel and other special project areas including Food, Comedy and Film. The Revenue team is forming a set of cross-functional “pods” within the wider business to develop these new growth areas.
Active Travel aims to capture a share of the multi-billion-dollar health and wellness market by establishing unique multi-day travel experiences centred around physical activities (from fitness workouts to endurance sports) by partnering with some of the world’s greatest sportspeople and brands. Pollen has already secured partnerships with the likes of Sir Bradley Wiggins (Cycling), The Brownlee Brothers (Triathlon) and Marshawn “Beastmode” Lynch (NFL). Family Travel will see us adapt our ‘secret sauce’ to tailor experiences perfect for families and disrupt the global package vacation sector working with the world’s leading children’s brands and developing immersive family-friendly concepts.
This role, reporting to the VP Revenue Expansion, will help drive a pipeline of world class brands for us to partner with to access target audience segments.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Determine our pipeline strategy: working in partnership with our senior strategists you will identify the perfect brands for each audience segment we are targeting and each experience concept we have developed.
- Represent Pollen to your industry: your written and verbal communications will represent Pollen to the highest level, and your rolodex of contacts within a specific vertical will help us open doors.
- Convert a pipeline of exceptional partners: you will actively drive a pipeline of potential partners from initial lead generation, through incremental proposal stages to the signing of contracts. Working with our strategy team you will ensure our experience P&Ls meet both Pollen’s and our partners’ expectations.
- Curate experiences with our partner brands: you will be the key liaison between Pollen and our partner brands as we develop products perfectly tailored to our target audiences. This is a considered sales process and you will need to nurture relationships with both external and internal stakeholders to achieve the best results.
- Maintain partner relationships to ensure campaign success, and repeat: as our account management and campaign teams drive towards a successful launch process, you will continue to manage our partner brands to ensure a joined-up planning process. And you will look to double down on successful campaigns by developing multi-year and multi-destination deals.
- Work with cross-functional teams: you will be an active participant in a cross-functional ‘pod’, and need to have the interpersonal and management skills to deal with a wide variety of different stakeholders.
- We are open to a variety of backgrounds, but you will likely have honed your business development skills at a leading tech/SaaS firm or in high-growth startups.
- You will have an understanding of one of our specialist verticals and be able to call upon a contact list to help us build partnerships with the world’s leading brands in that space.
- This is a considered enterprise-level sales process so you will be a natural at nurturing partners through a 3-6 month sales cycle to campaign launch, and have an attention to detail that ensures campaign success.
- You will be working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, so it is important that you are a natural people-person and able to work effectively with a variety of different people.
We are flexible on hiring location - Pollen has a presence across the East and West Coast of the US, and throughout Europe. We will determine candidates’ area of best fit based on their levels of industry experience and expertise.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Find out more about our culture and life at Pollen on Instagram.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).