As the world looks to be shifting back to travel and experiences in a big way, Pollen is expanding the finance and people team to support. We are rapidly growing globally.This is an exciting opportunity to own the payroll function across US, Canada, UK, Europe and help manage our ever expanding global presence. The ideal candidate will have had experience in Global Payroll and Compliance. You will report to the VP of Finance and Accounting based in our New York City office. We are rapidly growing with 500 employees currently and looking to scale quickly. We need an agile and innovative payroll manager to ensure our smooth payroll process for employees globally.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Process US, Canada and UK payrolls for hourly and salary employees to ensure compliance, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the time and attendance platforms ensuring timecards are accurate and timely for payroll processing.
- Partner with Trinet, Deel, Shield Go and other payroll providers/employers of record to apply for new state, local and country specific tax accounts, maintain existing accounts based on the locations of the employee base, and coordinate third-party employers.
- Ensure all local, state and federal governmental requirements are met, such as taxes and withholdings.
- Project manage moving payroll in house as the business scales.
- Respond to payroll queries and escalations from employees in a timely manner.
- Work closely with accounting team and ensure the financial data and reporting is accurate and timely.
- Maintain data, process and policy compliance across all countries, owning regular reporting for things such as ACA compliance, W2 maintenance, and worker’s compensation.
- Knowledge of global employment related tax laws including salary sacrifice benefits for UK (pension, nursery, bike scheme, etc).
- Manage deductions and administer funding for all 401K, pensions and retirement accounts globally.
- Maintain close partnership with people team to ensure all changes are correct and compliant.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Find out more about our culture and life at Pollen on Instagram.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).