We’re looking for a seasoned event professional to manage event staffing operations across the globe. This role is meant for someone who loves building teams, creating and leading training regiments, mentoring staff to grow in their roles and responsibilities, and overseeing an administrative structure that supports a large workforce across functions in the company.
We are currently managing 50 experiences in 2021 and anticipate tripling that volume next year. We need someone who is hungry to help us scale our staffing structure and deliver next-level experiences.
Your experience managing large event staffing or volunteer networks, overseeing a multitude of projects at one time, understanding of labor law across destinations, building key tools and training systems, and working collaboratively across departments or functions will be vital to ensuring success in this role.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Lead the temporary and IC staffing system for experiences across the globe.
- Build and manage a small full time staffing team between Europe and North America.
- Build and oversee an expansive network of temporary and independently contracted staff who work programs in destination on a short term basis.
- Establish processes for hiring, contracting, onboarding and training program staff working in conjunction with the finance, people and legal teams.
- Build a staffing database where special skills, ratings and past experience is tracked and continuously updated.
- Support Event Managers and Coordinators on a per program basis to fulfil staffing needs.
- Create and maintain training tools (manuals, one-sheets, etc.) for use by staff in destination.
- Lead quarterly recruitment and training events.
- Working with Event Managers and Exp Ops leadership to further define key staffing roles, job descriptions, and standard coverage for experience types and standard destinations.
- Determine staffing rates and build out staffing budgets per destination and experience type.
- Oversee, and at times create, staff contracts and invoicing.
- Establish Pollen as the “it” company to work for as temporary event staff, measured through size of our staffing network and the ease at which we can staff each program.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Find out more about our culture and life at Pollen on Instagram.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).