Data visualisation is where the technical world of data meets the creative world of design. It translates obscure tables of numbers into accessible visual insights, creates stories that engage and inform their audience, and empowers everyone to easily and autonomously gain value from data.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about data visualisation to join our burgeoning data viz team and build a suite of world-class visualisation products and dashboards that truly turns Pollen into a learning machine. You’ll work on projects end-to-end, from conception to roll out, and will need a wide range of skills to pull it off. You’ll need empathy to gain an in-depth understanding of your audience, what metrics are important to them and how they will interact with your product; you’ll need the technical skills to build performant data sources and stretch the capabilities of the data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau); and you’ll need the data viz expertise to not only build clear and engaging visualisations, but also train and mentor others to do the same.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Develop 3 or more high quality visualisation products utilising data storytelling and user-oriented design principles, that allow users across the business to engage with and understand data about a specific topic better. Success will be measured in the number of repeat users of each product (e.g. monthly active users) as well as through qualitative feedback about its usefulness.
- Increase the number of dashboard creators who are enabling others to self-serve, by providing data visualisation advice, coaching and feedback, as well as training on our visualisation tools. Success will be measured in the number of creators helped and the overall quality of visualisations at Pollen.
- Contribute towards developing tools that enable other analysts to build better dashboards. This may take the form of design guidelines that give tips on best use of colour or layout, chart catalogues that advise which chart to use in different scenarios, or dashboard templates that give creators a starting point from which they can build awesome visualisations. Success will be measured by the adoption of these tools.
- Own your role and stretch in the direction of your development goals. Perhaps this will be building more and better dashboards, becoming a training and best practices superstar or even helping implement initiatives that promote the wider use of self-serve analytics such as data literacy sessions or BI portals. It will be up to you to set what success looks like for this through creating mastery goals.
What you'll love:
- The opportunity to have a huge impact, creating high profile data visualisation and storytelling products for broad and varied audiences such as the leadership team or our external artist partners.
- Being in a fast growing organisation built on the drivers of intrinsic motivation -- Freedom & Ownership, Mastery and Belonging -- and loving what you do
- Embracing a passion for learning, fostering a growth mindset and overcoming limiting beliefs so you become 10x better as an analyst and engineer than when you joined
- Getting to know more about what gives you energy, what you’re really good at and being supported by an experienced development champion as you pursue further data mastery and drive your own development
- Enjoy the freedom to work where you need, when you need, taking as many holidays as you need so you can stay motivated and achieve your results in the best way possible
- Being in a diverse organisation where we value belonging
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Find out more about our culture and life at Pollen on Instagram.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).