We are looking for an ambitious, thoughtful Strategy Manager to help drive exponential growth across Pollen and play a relevant role on a number of key business decisions. Supporting our Strategy & Corporate Development team, you will be involved in working across a wide range of activities such as financing, fundraising, M&A and strategic projects, working with our Leadership team on a daily basis to support our rapid expansion. You will have the opportunity to lead cross-functional projects and interact with several teams across the company, becoming an influential member of the team from day one.
Pollen has evolved from a business that focused on partnering with 3rd party experience providers, to partnering directly with some of the biggest music artists, promoters, celebrities and influencers in the world to curate our own experiences. Throughout the second half of 2021 and beyond we’ll be launching 100s of travel experiences across multiple genres with a particular emphasis on Latin, Electronic music and Hip Hop, as well as within new verticals, including active travel, fitness and comedy. We have already launched experiences with several award-winning artists and partners across multiple genres, including J Balvin, Justin Bieber, Duran Duran and Ozuna.
With such ambitious growth, it’s crucial that we develop a robust corporate development framework, ensuring we become known by investors and industry counterparts for being the leading global marketplace for group travel, and this role will be the engine driving that strategy. You will be passionate about the technology space, likely with a particular interest in travel, music and entertainment, and will be excited about the potential for Pollen to transform the experiences industry.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Participate as a key member of our fundraising team, helping secure the financing needs of the business where relevant. You will be asked to build complex financial models, interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets, and, critically, support the team in communicating the Pollen equity story as we continue to grow. You will help lead in developing investor communication packs, ensuring we put our best foot forward in correctly marketing ourselves to prospective financial and strategic partners
- Assess, discuss and present suitable M&A targets and strategic partnerships, and participate as a key member throughout entire execution processes when they arise, supporting through pitching, diligence, negotiation, commercial discussions and operational framework development. While initially you will work with a senior team member to do this, the expectation is soon you will be owning and driving relationships on your own.
- Own and structure numerical analyses to drive business decisions ensuring accuracy and strong attention to detail. You’ll be comfortable managing and drawing conclusions from multiple data sources across the business, presenting output both internally and externally where needed
- Constantly track business performance with our internal frameworks to extrapolate key trends within our business lines and report to the Leadership Team and Board
- Be an active member of the team in preparing regular commercial updates for our Board and senior management, as well as strategic presentations on growth projects
- Both assist and lead on the execution of a number of complex, cross-functional and high impact strategic projects across the organisation, with the possibility to travel globally to our offices in the US and further afield where relevant
- Work closely with our Presents, revenue, operations, accounting, data science, growth and other teams to build great relationships and ensure consistency in our work
- Follow a steep learning curve working in a very exciting and fast-growing environment with high exposure to Senior Management and Leadership Teams.
- Contribute to the team culture. As we look to build out our team, it’s critical that every team member plays a role in building the team culture. Every person on the team has an “extra 10” role e.g., organising team activities, coordinating our goal-setting process, owning our weekly team pulse checks etc.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).