We’re looking for a Director of Operations to join our rapidly growing Global Creative Studio. This is an exciting opportunity to take part in defining the operational strategy and future of the Creative Studio in a thriving startup. If you’re a leader who’s passionate about puzzle solving and strategic planning to pave the way for creatives to do their best work, this role is for you!
We’re on a journey to double our output while gaining global recognition for outstanding creative in the next 12 months. This role is seminal in achieving that goal and will work closely with the Global VP of Creative Studio to scale the Studio’s scope, output and influence to become the driver of business growth.
In the next 12 months this role will:
- Develop the technical and operational systems that will enable the Creative Studio team to collaborate on work seamlessly and increase output of creative assets across video, design and motion.
- Develop an operational plan for content production (video + photo) at Pollen experiences happening in various locations throughout the year.
- Build post production, edit, and media management workflows to deliver an increased number of campaign promo videos, social cuts and reels.
- Bring technical, creative, and resourcing solutions to produce high quality work specifically in video and motion.
- Work with the senior creative team to develop our strategy and production approach to our campaign assets and social content.
- Build operational reports and dashboards for the Creative Studio.
- Develop global resourcing models and build a strong roster of talent, agencies, and production companies.
- Institute, monitor, and continuously improve upon project management systems and tools across all creative production.
- Develop contingency models for urgencies, pivots, and unforeseen events.
- Build change management systems for team training and adoption of systems, tools, and workflows.
- Build, allocate, calendarize, and track budgets on the project and function level.
- Support the VP of Creative Studio on departmental budgeting and planning.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).