Pollen is on a mission to build, curate and deliver the best experiences all over the world. We want to give people a bigger life. When our members think back 10 years over their best memories, we want to be responsible for 3 of the 5 best ones.
We think we can do this by transforming the way experiences are curated and executed, evolving from opinion to data-led as we scale. Data, science and technology are at the centre of this evolution and as product manager you’ll be spearheading key areas of focus whilst partnering with analysts and engineers to deliver amazing data experiences for internal stakeholders.
You’ll help us to upgrade our users with awesome data products that enable our teams to observe and act on the data we’re collecting at every stage of the experience.
Data Product Managers at Pollen act as the voice of the customer, placing internal user pain points, needs and desires at the heart of every initiative. They are adept at conducting detailed user research, articulating problems and working with the wider team to deconstruct and prioritise features and initiatives. From these activities, they’re also able to create roadmaps that provide the team with clarity of purpose whilst building transparency for the wider organisation.
They’ll leverage great presentation and communication skills to build strong stakeholder partnerships, ensuring their expectations are managed and prioritised in line with the company’s North Star goals.
What you’ll do in 12 months
- Define and own 6 Curated Data Experiences. We’re introducing the concept of a curated data experience, meshing the Jobs-to-be-done framework with the need to simplify and personalise the way Pollen users consume data. You’ll focus on mapping current data experiences and upgrading them to awesome!
- Work with the Senior Product Manager in implementing a product oriented approach to data and analytics at Pollen. We’re moving away from light touch, transactional requirements towards meaningful and well articulated needs that speed users from data to decision and are aligned with our OKRs.
- Be the planning conduit between user and analyst/engineer. You’ll drive refinement and planning sessions with the team, creating great Jira epics and stories that are well defined and enable the team to plan and size work.
- Find your stretch! Product Managers at Pollen own their results (e.g. those above) and from there can choose to specialise in product craft or applying product principles to specific activities in the team such as data ingestion and availability or analytical/tooling capabilities. Your stretch is completely up to you!
What you’ll love
- Talking to people, developing empathy and fostering productive relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Partnering with peers in breaking down large and often complex problems into bite size chunks that allow us to incrementally unlock value and drive impact.
- Being in a fast growing organisation built on the drivers of intrinsic motivation -- Freedom & Ownership, Mastery and Belonging -- and loving what you do
- Embracing a passion for learning, fostering a growth mindset and overcoming limiting beliefs so you become 10x better as a product manager than when you joined
- Getting to know more about what gives you energy, what you’re really good at and being supported by an experienced development champion as you pursue further data mastery and drive your own development
- Enjoy the freedom to work where you need, when you need, taking as many holidays as you need so you can stay motivated and achieve your results in the best way possible
- Being in a diverse organisation where we value belonging
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).