Come and work for one of London’s most exciting scale-ups! We are looking for Senior Software engineers with a keen interest in Python to work in our Customer Experience Team. In these collectives we are building the tech that will support the business as it scales and solutions that enhance our customer's experience with us when they are in destination, respectively.
At Pollen, we work with world famous artists like J Balvin, Justin Bieber and The Streets to curate unique multi-day experiences in locations such as Miami, Las Vegas and Amsterdam that you can’t book anywhere else. Our aim is to run experiences that contribute to 3 out of people’s top 5 memories. During Covid, we’ve brought our strategic plans forward and we’re ready to provide memorable experiences for everyone as it becomes safer for people to travel again - it’s an incredibly exciting time with lots of experiences coming up between now and the end of the year, and beyond.
Our teams build the web presence and app where our customers can choose an experience, book their package and manage their booking. We have just created a new part of the app that our customers can use “In Destination” to find their hotel when they arrive, book further add-ons like boat trips and look up the schedule of events for the experience.
We build tools which enable our operations teams to run our events smoothly. We ensure our inventory is modelled in a future proof way, and kept in sync across all our applications. Our teams also build functionality for our Customer Service teams so they are able to deal with queries swiftly and accurately. We have ambitious plans to deliver on and plenty of interesting technical challenges to solve. We use Python and Django on the backend, Graph QL, React and Next.js on the frontend.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Building our in-house admin system, “Butterfly”, that replaces Django Admin
- Contribute to the team’s success by using Python 3.7, Django & GraphQL to build the services and APIs that power the Butterfly interface
- Work in a cross functional team, you will be collaborating with product, design and stakeholders to gain sufficient business understanding to ensure you and the team are delivering the right solutions for the Experience Management team
- Balance the trade-offs of delivering sustainable code that provides an excellent customer experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Model good leadership behaviour by engaging in peer to peer feedback and code reviews to foster a healthy, collaborative engineering culture as measured by Spotify-style squad health checks
- Use test automation and agile practices to deliver features continuously to production, measured by feedback and daily releases going smoothly
- Be trusted with access to all of our production systems and improve our DevOps culture by participating in daily releases and technical customer support rota
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).