Pollen is on an incredible scale-up journey as we start to run more experiences now that the world is starting to open back up again. We are on a mission to perfect the formula for the ultimate experience and to be the source of 3/5 people's top memories. We work with artists like J Balvin, Big Narstie and Justin Bieber to curate unforgettable multi day experiences.
We're on plan to grow the company to 700 people in the next 12 months with offices in London, Los Angeles, Toronto, Vegas & Wroclaw, and backing from some of the most exciting VC's in the world, this is an exciting time to be at Pollen.
We're looking for an inspirational Engineering Manager to support our In Destination team.
We have just released the MVP version of our In Destination app our customers can use whilst they’re on our experiences. In this part of our app, customers can see the schedule of events during the experience and use the map to navigate to venues and hotels. You will be part of a high profile team with the opportunity to influence how the product evolves as we learn from how our customers use it whilst on our experiences.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Overall performance and health of the teams while fostering high engagement and an inclusive culture
- Growth and performance of the engineers supported by coaching and mentoring for all direct reports, maintaining Pollen's high retention rate of top performing staff and ensuring direct reports receive timely and actionable feedback
- Technical strategy and long term vision for the team, working with product and design to define and deliver goals
- Managing the engineering budget, capacity and hiring within the team
- Working with Tech Leads, drive engineering best practices that positively impact quality of our product and process
- Represent the team as an engineering leader when collaborating with other teams within the wider Pollen organisation
- Contribute to building a high performing organisation with an inclusive culture of continuous improvement, collaboration, ownership and mastery as we grow
- Improve our hiring and interviewing practices or drive organisation-wide initiatives to make an impact on our processes, ways of working, culture or quality
- Support our developer community with a focus on shared learning, improving engineering practices and knowledge sharing
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).