Pollen is seeking a Destination Developer/Destination Manager to project manage the development of our key destinations across the US and LATAM. Destination Development is a key function of Pollen’s growth strategy, executing the delivery of our highest priority destinations against our annual targets.
As part of the Destination Development team you will be responsible for helping to build out the most exciting destinations (whether these are existing destinations or new destinations for Pollen) so that we can launch and execute once in a lifetime experiences with some of the biggest artists in the world.
At Pollen, our vision is to be responsible for 3/5 of people’s top memories. By the end of 2021, we expect hundreds of thousands of people to be finding and purchasing experiences through the Pollen marketplace. We’re on plan to 2x our 350 strong headcount in the next 12 months with offices in London, Los Angeles, Toronto, Vegas & Wroclaw, and backing from some of the most exciting VC's in the world, this is an exciting time to be at Pollen.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Develop multiple existing and new destinations across your target regions. We have aggressive targets to hit for a number of experiences we need to secure in key destinations in 2022, 2023 and 2024
- Project manage the end to end life cycle of development of our priority existing destinations. We have established destination ‘pods’ bringing together cross functional teams (inventory, venues, experience operations, strategy). As Destination Developer 2 you will be managing 4 + destination pods.
- You will be responsible for building and managing cross functional alignment around the development of products (experiences) within each pod. You will be responsible for managing and tracking the outputs of your pods, including all of the individuals and functional teams within those on a daily and weekly cadence, including running all Pod meetings and ensuring that all functional teams are on track to deliver against destination targets and within target timelines
- Work with our Strategy team to follow best practices and process to open up targeted new destinations in a commercially viable way. This includes researching and qualifying potential hotels and venues to then handover to other functional teams internally. You will be responsible for coordinating site visits to qualify new destinations and hotel opportunities, working with Experience Operations, Inventory and Venue teams to ensure we capture all information necessary to build out new destinations.
- Own the in house destination brochures and data for your destinations. You’ll be responsible for auditing and owning all data around each destination. These destination brochures will be the playbook for how all internal teams within Pollen curate an experience
- Build very strong cross functional relationships with functional leaders and teams globally. You will be collaborating internally to build out these destinations, acting as the glue between different functional teams, driving them into alignment around each destination. You will be responsible for delivering the development of destinations and products within those destinations on time and on target in terms of numbers of experiences we can then program in each destination per year. Success will be measured on how many products (different types of experiences) we can lock in per year in our target destinations.
- Manage a team of Destination Coordinators within your region. You will be responsible for their daily workflows and priorities, communicating destination priorities and managing them to maintain all Salesforce and destination research hygiene for existing and new destinations.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).