We are looking for a human resources innovator who is comfortable with ambiguity, and able to make quick, well-informed decisions with an entrepreneurial approach. A thought leader who will emancipate us from the path of unnecessary process and policies as we scale, and instead look for inventive ways to drive our culture at every touchpoint, ensuring we are instilling psychological safety, belonging, autonomy and development into everything that we do. Our purpose is to give people a bigger life, and this role will ensure that this is a reality of all of our employees and see it as their role to help unlock their full potential.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Within your first 3 months using an in-depth understanding of employment law you will do a full audit of all our people processes, policies and contracts, with the aim of eradicating unnecessary processes and innovating necessary ones to ensure they are driving our culture at every touchpoint.
- You will partner with our Ops team to develop and improve the end-to-end employee lifecycle in Europe and North America to ensure each touch point is on brand and executed seamlessly in each market, ensuring employees are set up for success and have the tools they need to achieve their goals as measured by an increase in the Quarterly People survey on everyone feeling like they have what they need.
- Because we want to prioritise development over performance management, you will work with the SVP of People & Culture and VP of People to Strategy to help develop strategies that accelerate growth and learning in how we manage any challenges with our employees as measured by an increase in the Quarterly People survey on everyone feeling like they have what they need.
- You will give counsel and oversee complex employee relations issues ensuring that we never risk any of our culture as a proxy for protecting the company; the two should never be mutually exclusive
- You will build out, manage and develop a highly functioning team of People Partners and Business Partners to ensure that the company is fully supported in this stage of rapid growth
- You will have their finger on the pulse of employment law changes in the US, Canada and the UK and proactively inform legal and partner with legal to initiate policies / compliance changes ensuring that they are inline with our culture
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).