Pollen is building a global platform that enables advocates to sell the products they love to their friends, working in distributed product teams. You’ll be working in cross functional and inclusive teams that value collaboration and learning in a company growing rapidly and taking on new challenges.
As a Programme Manager you will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams across squads to ensure that impediments are squashed, delivery is planned, quality is being maintained, stakeholders are informed, and product teams have what they need to deliver.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Support Product Owners in communicating roadmaps, and progress to stakeholders
- Coach and facilitate a number of product and engineering teams as they take ideas from discovery to production
- Collaborate with engineering and product managers to eliminate blockages and ensure all projects are running efficiently
- Help cross functional squads ideate, plan, manage dependencies, and communicate effectively
- Facilitate a collaborative, dynamic planning process - balancing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Encourage Lean and Agile thinking, making the most of the great teams we have, while encouraging them to set goals, embrace change and measure performance, and self-organise
- Hold teams accountable in following their agreed team norms and delivering on their commitments
- Ensure that we’re prepared for large feature releases; work has been thoroughly tested, relevant business functions have been informed and trained
- Support cross functional teams in identifying risks and be proactive in encouraging everyone to mitigate them
- Foster a culture of inclusivity, belonging, and psychological safety that drives continuous feedback and improvement for both teams and individuals
- Challenge Product, Design, and Engineering to create high performing teams that build quality products, and deliver customer value in a fast paced environment
- Improve our distributed team’s working practices
- Be an advocate for outcome led delivery; ensuring that teams remain goal oriented
- Drive the process, refinement and improvements of our use of tooling to plan, measure, and communicate what teams are working on
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).