We’re looking for an inspirational People Partner who is passionate about putting employees first, and can expertly balance HR best practices with supporting company culture. You will love this role if you enjoy looking for innovative ways to support employees to be their best selves, and like to challenge the one size fits all approach. We’re on plan to double our 350 strong headcount in the next 12 months and currently have offices in London, Los Angeles, Toronto, Vegas & Wroclow. This position will support upwards of 100 employees located in California, over 20 in Las Vegas, 10 in Canada, and This role will key to driving employee success throughout teams, and helping the company scale systems and culture over the next 7-8 months.
What you will achieve:
- Be an engaging and supportive People Partner to employees by enabling them to deliver their best work daily, resolving complex employee relations issues, and constantly looking for ways to improve the employee experience.
- Partner with Managers on how to strategically and innovatively think about team changes (terminations, promotions, backfills, team structure) to ensure teams are functioning efficiently.
- Oversee the North American payroll and benefits administration process, which includes running US and Canadian payroll, managing open enrollment, and partnering with our PEO and brokers to implement any benefit changes.
- Ensure all stages of the employee lifecycle in North America are designed to set employees and managers up for success, by utilizing our HR tools (Greenhouse, Trinet, and Hibob) when necessary, leaning on data to drive new initiatives, and overseeing theNorth American People Coordinator’s day to day work, and development.
- Rely on your extensive knowledge of US and Canadian labor laws to keep North America compliant, and provide guidance to managers, and stakeholders; partnering with the Global People Team to implement new policies and guidelines when necessary.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).