Pollen is seeking a New Destination Lead to head up our New Destination Team in our hunt for new & unique curated travel offerings – we put together blockbuster artists, the most exciting destinations and the best hotels to create incredible experiences for young people!
At Pollen, our vision is to be responsible for 3/5 of people’s top memories. By the end of 2021, we expect hundreds of thousands of people to be finding and purchasing experiences through the Pollen marketplace. We’re on plan to 2x our 350 strong headcount in the next 12 months with offices in London, Los Angeles, Toronto, Vegas & Wroclaw, and backing from some of the most exciting VC's in the world, this is an exciting time to be at Pollen
In the first 12 months you will:
- Own the development of new destinations across USA, Canada & Latin America - taking 20 + new destinations from concept through to execution in 2021
- Work cross functionally with internal functional leads to penetrate existing markets and destinations
- Build, lead and manage a high performing team of 2-3 new Destination Developers that accelerate your ability to open up new destinations. Success will be measured on team goals
- Understand what our demographic are looking for in a destination - what venues and hotels will help us create a once in a lifetime experience
- Take a data led approach to open up a destination Utilising in house insights, software and flight data to be able to develop new destinations efficiently and at scale
- Own & manage relationships with suppliers in destinations ranging from venues to hotels to activity providers.
- Build strong cross functional relationships within Pollen. You will collaborate internally to build these destinations, setting us up for success and eventually hand over relationships to our inventory team
- Identify local experts within every destination who will help to unlock local relationships and can identify local leads that are able to work with our experience operations team on programming and delivering our experiences
- Own the in house destination brochures for your region. You’ll be responsible for auditing all data around each new destination. These destination brochures will be the playbook for how all internal teams within Pollen curate an experience
- Use in destination expertise to feed up into how we can approach and leverage tourism boards in new destinations
- Own and manage all data reporting for your region through our CRM platform
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).