We are looking to hire an experienced individual to join our Experience-Operations Team in Europe. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and to establish our events and trip operational support policy and systems, within our European events program.
The ideal candidate will have a diverse and proven track record in back-office, production logistics, crew & production support, crew tour-group management, production administration, event staff briefing and production office management. This experience may have been gained from major festival events, from complex travel/destination back office operational management roles, or similar timeline critical industries.
We’re seeking those with diverse experience, who have worked cross-culturally and internationally, and who have made a measurable impact and established a positive industry reputation in their previous roles.
Specifically, we’re looking for an individual who understands the complexities and essential role of operational support systems to the success of productions and travel experiences. A qualitative-guardian who can train and develop a team of superstar coordinators to manifest their high standards of logistical prowess and administrative excellence across our experiences in Europe.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple destinations and projects open concurrently. You will possess sharp time-management skills and will know how to stay organised across multiple work streams and relationships. You will get energy from training your skills and knowledge into junior leaders of the organisation and creating a sub-culture of operational excellence with those under your charge.
The right individual will seek a deep understanding of our internal administrative systems, will respect and leverage technology as a key component of their toolbox, and get energy out of creating scalable admin systems that ensure the trains run on time and our crews and staff are enabled to excel.
In the first 12 months you will:
- You’ll be responsible for supporting the delivery of seamless end-to-end experiences for more than 75,000 guests across 10+ destinations in Europe. Specifically, you will focus upon support systems, informational and administrative policy and the development of our trip coordinators to coordinate Pollen’s centralised resources into (and out of) our executions.
- You will be responsible for creating admin and support systems, schedules, documentation, staff and vendor briefings, destination support resources, etc that will allow for scale and the compounding responsibility of our Trip Coordinators and touring teams as we grow our European footprint.
- You will train a team of Trip Coordinators and develop efficient systems of support and administration for them to tour into destinations. You will create a sub-culture of support excellence and ensure your coordinators are highly proficient in the systems and technical tools Pollen uses to execute our events. You will create a training program and manual for the efficient onboarding of future coordinators - that allows our operations to scale rapidly and effectively.
- You will work with our Destination Teams to establish a support network of local coordinators and operators - whilst establishing and curating quality standards and operating principles that ensure that local teams are aligned with our centralised approach.
- You will work closely with the Program Director to develop systems that optimise the executional relationship between our Event Managers and Trip Coordinators - aspiring to create formidable partnerships that can deal with high complexity events - at scale.
- You will work with Destination Teams to source, procure, brief and quality-control localised support resources, vendors and personnel. You will review staffing contracts, and support your trip coordinators in centralising the admin/support needs per experience to streamline operations and shorten our planning cycles.
- For larger scale outdoor productions and Greenfields’s events – you will act as our lead Operational Support Director and coordinate efforts between our centralised team and our destinations, whilst ensuring that our quality standards – both creatively and logistically are maintained or exceeded.
- You will tour into destinations on select projects (higher tiered and more complex events) to directly oversee and execute operational support. Aiming to transfer knowledge and skills to our Coordinators, Destination partners and localised hires.
- You will work within Pollen to create strong inter-departmental links that ensure that the Experience Operations team is always working from current and accurate information and intel. You will build systems and policy that ensure that your team of coordinators gets what they need from the organisation, when they need it - to best support the planning and execution of our events.
- You will liaise and share best practices with your North American counterpart to ensure alignment at a global level with policies and systems that we implement across the organisation and our global portfolio of events.
- You will get your hands dirty – working operationally and collaboratively within the group to build, execute and iterate our experiences and presence within the Curated Travel market space.
- Success will be measured by the competence, impact and happiness of the team of coordinators you manage and develop. Additionally, through the efficiency and effectiveness of the systems you build to support our executions - and the way in which you source, consolidate and process information from the organisation into the coordinator group.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).