We’re looking for an experienced Global VP of Communications and PR to build a strategic communications team and function that will support our rapidly-scaling global business. This leader will be responsible for refining the Pollen narratives for key audiences (consumers, industry, employees) and putting in place the systems and teams to scale our ability to effectively communicate our story; furthering our business objectives and brand goals. The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced communications and organizational leader, who has built and scaled a strategic comms functions for iconic consumer lifestyle brands steeped in youth culture.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Become an expert in our audiences:
- Consumer: you will develop a profound understanding of our consumer audiences’ tastes and preferences.
- Artists and Brands: you will develop a deep knowledge of what motivates artists and brands to work with Pollen to create one-of-a-kind experiences.
- Define and build a communications and PR function that can effectively manage all external communications, public affairs and media relations, as well as enterprise-wide internal communications.
- Devise and execute major communications strategies and campaigns to support Pollen’s strategic objectives and brand goals.
- Develop a strategy to build our founders’ profiles through high impact use of social and press.
- Refine our talent brand narrative to help the company attract diverse, top tier talent as we scale up hiring.
- Build deep relationships with press, analysts, influencers and other external stakeholders.
- Provide coaching and talking points to relevant managers on media inquiries, as well as work with marketing and branding professionals within the company to help shape press releases.
- Be the point person in a rapid-response team should the need arise, ensuring proactive, positive messaging regarding the organization.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).