Are you a - Data Viz Wiz - with a passion for visualisation and the psychology behind awesome analytics? We’re on the hunt for a Data Visualisation expert to lead us in visualisation best practice and ensure we’re creating beautiful and compelling data products. This is an opportunity to evangelise the data culture at Pollen, being a practise lead company wide, fostering the culture in the data team and across the business. We want your excitement for the practise to be irresistible!
We’re a super fast paced organisation and this role is no different. You’ll be tasked with juggling multiple high impact projects across all departments (product, people, marketing, finance, sales and operations). Time management alongside a good appreciation of business value and prioritisation will be imperative. Selecting the right development approach for each job to be done will also be important.
In your first 12 months you will:
- Lead and establish a data visualisation style guide, ensuring all analytics output through our enterprise visualisation tools follow ‘best of breed’ viz design principles. You will partner with the wider team to coach and mentor them in data visualisation excellence.
- You’ll partner with the data product owner to map internal persona groups and then design and implement tailored data solutions that help us to intimately understand who our customers are and how they interact with our product.
- Work with the product and data engineering leads to establish a common data design approach that ensures we’re building highly scalable, agnostic data layers which will service user needs across a range of end points (Looker, Tableau, Web Analytics tools, Sheets and SQL tables)
- Develop and implement a data literacy and training approach that enables Pollen to move towards a self service model for day to day business needs whilst our core data hub focuses on high value - high urgency initiatives.
- Partner with our Insights (data science) team, ensuring that we’re enriching core company reporting with additional qualitative and quantitative data points.
- You'll be someone that has a challenger mindset and is able to call upon extensive experience in data visualisation alongside a strong appreciation of data pipelines to align the team in creating the very best outcomes for our users (voice of customer).
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen is on a mission to have all the best experiences in one place. With Pollen+ you can pick from a highly curated selection of world class festivals and events such as Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits and Wireless festival. With Pollen Presents you can discover experiences only available through us, where we bring every major category of entertainment including music, sport and lifestyle to the most exciting destinations in the world such as Las Vegas, Ibiza and Los Cabos.
We are growing fast and have made over $400 million in experiences sold at more than fifty of the best destinations globally. We have offices throughout North America and Europe, and have raised more than $100 million in venture funding from Northzone, Draper, Kindred, Backed and Sienna Capital.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).