We’re looking for a seasoned event professional, someone who has been in the industry producing programs for at least six years, to manage assigned experiences across North America. This role is meant for someone who obsesses over the details, is super organized, loves to plan and who can creatively solve problems.
We are gearing up to produce 50 experiences in 2021 and anticipate tripling that volume next year. We need someone who wants to manage a multitude of experiences across destinations, work with top artists in a variety of genres, puts customer service first and knows how to manage vendors, venues and temporary staff expertly.
Your experience managing many moving parts, showing calm under pressure, moving quickly and collaboratively with confidence, managing budgets and executing onsite will be vital in delivering next-level experiences for Pollen. A person in the Senior Event Manager position will have previously produced large-scale, complicated festivals, conventions or shows in a multitude of destinations and, ideally, countries. This person has both extensive experience managing complicated logistics, but also has significant production knowledge.
In the first 12 months you will:
- The Senior Event Manager will be assigned top tier experiences with platinum level artists in complicated destinations or those programs where we have an increased capacity.
- The Senior Event Manager will be called on to lead both logistics and production for lower tier experiences where artist needs are light.
- Lead experience execution from turnover to delivery, leading weekly trip calls, managing venues and vendors, directing internal teams on actions steps and identifying and solving problems when needed.
- Accountable for pulling together operational plans for the experiences that you are assigned across North America. You’ll ensure we have a robust plan in place from the point the experience goes on sale right to the point the experience is happening. This includes pulling together schedules, run of shows, identifying and solving for areas of NPS risk and ensuring we have all contracts signed for the vendors we are working with.
- Accountable for delivering to the project action plans for different experiences. You’ll ensure that the trains run on time by making sure that there is a high level of coordination between different departments and that different departments are completing project actions when they are meant to. Success will be measured by project milestones being reached on time.
- You’ll ensure that there is incredible coordination between staff in the destination and that we nail key areas of the traveler experience including check in, f&b, reward fulfilment, activities and events. Success will be measured by NPS and member retention.
- Oversee staffing for your assigned experiences, making sure that we have high quality staff hired that are in line with the budget, that are trained to a high standard and are clear on what their role is while in destination. Success will be measured by staff happiness and success in destination
- Accountability for ensuring that our destination hubs within all internal data systems, such as Salesforce have all the information in relation to venues and local vendors so that our content and product development teams have all of the necessary information at their fingertips when pulling together itineraries and P&Ls for partners.
- Drive x-functional relationships with key stakeholders that impact the success of our experiences. You’ll work with inventory to ensure that contracts are signed on time and in place; brand communication to make sure we are getting the right pre-experience comms out to members; and product teams to make sure that our app is populated with accurate information about each experience.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co. We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).