We’re looking for a seasoned event professional to manage experience operations across North America. This role is meant for someone who loves creatively solving problems; building structure and standardizing processes; and mentoring and managing a team.
We are gearing up to produce 50 experiences in 2021 and anticipate tripling that volume next year. We need someone who is hungry to help us scale our operations team and deliver next-level experiences.
Your experience working across destinations, managing a packed calendar of programs, working with a multitude of vendors and understanding the intricacies of high level production and logistics will be vital in solidifying Pollen as the go-to platform for delivering experiences like no others.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Lead our event operations in North America. You’ll refine and oversee executional plans, playbooks, schedules, protocols and checklists for our Curated Travel Experiences with artists and promoter brands of 1,500-5,000 throughout cities in North America. You’ll be responsible for delivering a best-in-class experience for thousands of travellers measured by vendor satisfaction and customer satisfaction/NPS.
- Lead and own the execution of in-destination experiences for travellers ensuring that there is a high level of coordination and communication between staff and that we nail key areas of the traveler experience: check-in, orientation, event production, customer satisfaction, the fulfilment of add-ons and ambassador/VIP reward programs.
- Hire, train and manage event managers who will oversee program specific operations.
- Oversee hiring, training and management of independent contractors for curated experiences in destination. Lead briefings with staff and in destination vendors, setting them up for success and building relationships with them to ensure they are satisfied and carrying out their job successfully. Measured by Staff and Vendor Satisfaction.
- Develop and lead on detailed budgets and costings, while overseeing the ordering and on-time delivery of all inventory and materials needed for each destination such as staff uniforms, badges, lanyards, banners, signage, printed materials, clipboards, etc.
- Build amazing cross functional relationships with CRM, Growth, Sales, Program Ops, and Customer Support.
- Execute brand partnership programs and activations in conjunction with Event and Travel Experiences.
- Create and oversee post-event reporting process to share insights, learnings, and recommendations related to the traveler, vendor and staff experience to the global Experience Operations team.
- Build direct relationships with vendors, partners, and venues, and work with previous vendors to come up with additional program value additions.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen is on a mission to have all the best experiences in one place. With Pollen+ you can pick from a highly curated selection of world class festivals and events such as Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits and Wireless festival. With Pollen Presents you can discover experiences only available through us, where we bring every major category of entertainment including music, sport and lifestyle to the most exciting destinations in the world such as Las Vegas, Ibiza and Los Cabos.
We are growing fast and have made over $400 million in experiences sold at more than fifty of the best destinations globally. We have offices throughout North America and Europe, and have raised more than $100 million in venture funding from Northzone, Draper, Kindred, Backed and Sienna Capital.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).