Pollen has evolved from a business that partnered with 3rd party experience providers to partnering with some of the biggest music artists, promoters, celebrities and influencers in the world to curate our own experiences. Throughout the second half of 2021 and in 2022 we’ll be launching 100s of travel experiences across multiple music genres with a particular emphasis on Latin, Electronic music and Hip Hop, as well as new verticals, including fitness. We have already launched with several award-winning artists and partners across multiple genres, including J Balvin, DaBaby, Nicky Jam, Ozuna, and Brett Young. With such ambitious growth, it’s crucial that we develop a robust content strategy to ensure we become known for being the leading marketplace for the best shared experiences for young people, and this role will be the engine for driving that strategy.
Our team’s mission: “Become a centre-of-excellence for understanding the customer, driving customer strategy to action across the business.” You will manage a cross-functional pod based around a target customer segment acting as “the voice of the customer,” leading all meetings and reporting. You will be responsible for creating and executing our customer strategy and continuously improving our customer strategy.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Lead a x-functional pod: You will be responsible for a x-functional pod laser-focused on a target customer segment. You will lead all meetings, documentation and reporting, and be seen as the go-to expert for that segment
- Build a best-in-class customer strategy for your target customer segment: Working with our Insights team, made up of Data Scientists and Market Researchers, you will build an understanding of our target customer segments, executing analysis flawlessly and communicating those insights x-functionally to your pod. You will work in collaboration with junior analysts to execute some of this analysis, but all team members will be “hands on”
- Drive & continuously improving our strategy: Not just another “Strategy team,” you will be responsible for driving the strategy to action across the business, and continuously improving our understanding of the customer with regular retros of performance
- Design rigorous “experiments” that further our Learning Agenda: Working with our Insights team to design and execute experiments that test key hypotheses about your designated customer segment
- Identify & develop “moments” that resonate with your designated customer segment: With our team of internal specialists, you will identify the key “moments” in the calendar that your target customer segment loves to travel for. You will be responsible for leading it through ideation to actual implementation, driving across 3 key stages: 1) Commercial validation; 2) Operational Validation; 3) Brand identity creation
- Data-driven business development - You will work with our Artist Development Team to identify the top target artists & partners for your chosen segment. You will work closely with our Business Development and Insights team to use data to guide their decision-making on the experience they should create for that target customer segment
- Data-driven packaging (“merchandising”) - You will make recommendations on the best “packages” (hotel + inclusions) and pricing for your target customer segment based on a combination of external and internal data. Work with the Insights team to drive the Pricing Strategy from the pricing studies we take on throughout the year
- Manage a portfolio of curated travel P&Ls - You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of minimum $20m net revenue at any given time, optimising existing campaigns and launching new ones. Optimising includes: 1) pricing, 2) inventory management; 3) opex cost standardisation. You will be responsible for regular reporting to our Finance team to ensure we are on track to hit our revenue and profit targets
- Manage and coach junior team members- You will take an active role in hiring and building the team. You will be responsible for managing a junior analyst to support the work you are doing.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen is on a mission to have all the best experiences in one place. With Pollen+ you can pick from a highly curated selection of world class festivals and events such as Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits and Wireless festival. With Pollen Presents you can discover experiences only available through us, where we bring every major category of entertainment including music, sport and lifestyle to the most exciting destinations in the world such as Las Vegas, Ibiza and Los Cabos.
We are growing fast and have made over $400 million in experiences sold at more than fifty of the best destinations globally. We have offices throughout North America and Europe, and have raised more than $100 million in venture funding from Northzone, Draper, Kindred, Backed and Sienna Capital.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).