We are looking to hire an experienced individual to lead and build our New Destination team for the US & Canada. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and help scale Pollen in our next phase of growth. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of product development and in taking destinations from concept through to a fully deliverable product. We’re looking for individuals who have made a measurable impact in their previous roles and ideally come from a start up background with experience working in a very fast paced environment. They will understand our audience and how to unlock destinations to build once in a lifetime experiences at scale.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Own the development of new destinations across USA & Canada. You will take a new destination from concept through to a fully functioning destination for Pollen’s portfolio. As Destination Lead you will be responsible for opening up 20+ new destinations in 2021 across your region, scaling this further in 2022.
- Build and own relationships with suppliers in destinations ranging from venues to hotels to activity providers. It is on you to open up doors and to pave the way for our inventory and experience operations team to close amazing deals with hotels, venues etc. at great margins.
- Take a data led approach to open up a destination in a strategic way. You will work cross functionally with our Pollen Presents team to utilize in house insights, software and flight data to be able to develop new destinations efficiently and at scale.
- Build, lead and manage a high performing team of 2-3 new destination developers that accelerate your ability to open up new destinations. Success will be measured on team goals and KPI's being reached.
- Identify local experts within every destination who will help to unlock local relationships and can identify local leads that are able to work with our experience operations team on programming and delivering our experiences.
- Own in house destination brochures for your region. You’ll be responsible for auditing all data around a new destination, owning all Salesforce hygiene ensuring it is up to date and accurate at all times, ensuring we have track it and then how we disseminate that information internally. These destination brochures will be the playbook for how all internal teams within Pollen curate an experience.
- Keep an ear to the ground to share trends by destination so that we can access the most exciting supply whether this is a soon to open venue, a buyout at the hottest new hotel that no other company could obtain.
- Build strong cross functional relationships within Pollen. You will collaborate internally to build these destinations, setting us up for success and eventually hand over relationships to our inventory team.
- Use in destination expertise to feed up into how we can approach and leverage tourism boards in new destinations.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen is on a mission to have all the best experiences in one place. With Pollen+ you can pick from a highly curated selection of world class festivals and events such as Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits and Wireless festival. With Pollen Presents you can discover experiences only available through us, where we bring every major category of entertainment including music, sport and lifestyle to the most exciting destinations in the world such as Las Vegas, Ibiza and Los Cabos.
We are growing fast and have made over $400 million in experiences sold at more than fifty of the best destinations globally. We have offices throughout North America and Europe, and have raised more than $100 million in venture funding from Northzone, Draper, Kindred, Backed and Sienna Capital.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).