We have recently launched a number of co-curated travel products by partnering with major artists and promoters, and have had incredible success in a short space of time. We have launched a number of trips in Europe, including partnerships with The Streets, Skepta, Charlie Sloth, Duran Duran, We Are Festival and ABODE. In the US we have partnered with a number of well-known festival brands including Disco Donnie, Brownies & Lemonade, Electric Zoo and most recently an experience with country star Dustin Lynch. We have a large and exciting pipeline of artist partnerships that will be rolling out over the next 6 months.
The Content team at Pollen will act as gatekeepers for all the artist curated experiences that live on Pollen. As the Head of Hip-Hop + R&B you will be responsible for ensuring that the best of the best from that genre live on Pollen. You will work hand in hand with the artist and their team to curate best-in-class experiences that bring their narrative to life, help elevate their brand and bring them closer to their fans. We’re looking for someone with senior level experience who can think holistically about how to build out this vertical and ultimately move into a global position within 6-12 months.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Build and maintain relationships within the Hip-Hop + R&B artist & management community to ensure that Pollen is well known, respected and a desirable partner
- Help educate the industry about Pollen and various partnership opportunities
- Drive new artist branded partnerships and act as the end-to-end lead for each project you bring in
Work creatively with artists and their teams to come up with innovative concepts that Pollen will bring to life
- As we continue to scale, you will be responsible for building and managing a team that will work directly under you to drive forward new experiences
- Become an expert in Pollen’s insights on young people and how they like to travel and use that knowledge to come up with the best-in-class experiences across various travel destinations
- Work cross functionally with the product development and strategy teams to ensure we deliver on all our promises to the artist and curate a premium experience for them and their fans
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure that the narrative, messaging and creative assets align with the artist brand
- You must be passionate and deeply knowledgeable about the Hip-Hop + R&B music market within the US and be able to communicate and represent that internally at Pollen
- Have a minimum of 10 years experience working in the music business
- Have a track record of working directly with Artist talent and their teams
- Have a deep understanding and passion for the music & culture around Hip-Hop + R&B
- Understanding of the live music business is a plus
- Ideal candidates come from roles in A&R, curation, marketing or experiential at record labels or DSPs
- Sought-after collaborator with established industry relationships both at the highest levels as well as among emerging talent
- Engaging, creative and passionate about innovating and creating new opportunities within the music industry
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with an entrepreneurial spirit
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen is on a mission to have all the best experiences in one place. With Pollen+ you can pick from a highly curated selection of world class festivals and events such as Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits and Wireless festival. With Pollen Presents you can discover experiences only available through us, where we bring every major category of entertainment including music, sport and lifestyle to the most exciting destinations in the world such as Las Vegas, Ibiza and Los Cabos.
We are growing fast, with over $500 million in sales to date across hundreds of experiences at more than fifty of the best destinations globally. We have offices throughout North America and Europe, and have raised more than $100 million in venture funding from Northzone, Draper, Kindred, Backed and Sienna Capital.