Pollen's marketplace, which has all the best experiences for young people in one place, is changing the game in live music, travel and youth culture.
The team’s main responsibility will be curated travel for our European audiences - one of the fastest growing parts of our business. You will be joining an entrepreneurial team within the wider business who are responsible for both helping determine Pollen’s strategic direction and making those plans a reality. You will take responsibility for the revenue & profitability of a $1m+ portfolio of experiences, and support your Manager & Director to drive the strategic direction of Pollen Presents. Working cross-functionally with teams across the business, you will drive your P&Ls, as well as be responsible for ensuring every major business decision we make has the right data to back it up.
In the next 6 months you will:
- Own a portfolio of curated travel P&Ls - The Pollen Presents team works x-functionally to own the P&Ls (revenue, profitability) for all curated travel experiences targeting a European audience from start to finish, including hotel sourcing, brand and marketing, outbound and inbound sales. You will work hand in hand with your GM, who is fully responsible for managing a genre (e.g. Dance, Hip-Hop, Pop, Latin etc) portfolio of minimum $5m net revenue at any given time, optimising existing campaigns while adding new ones to your portfolio.
- Data-driven product development - You will work with the VP, Pollen Presents and Director, Insights to ensure that every experience you curate in your portfolio is based on data, turning the art of curating the perfect experience into a science.
- You will be the machine of the team - everyone at Pollen roles up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty. As an associate, we expect you to be the machine of the team, driving underlying analyses, creating and maintaining key trackers, and constantly evaluating business metrics to facilitate a highly effective team.
- Getting in the mind of our target customers - Work with our internal experts to become an expert in the audiences that are most relevant to your portfolio, leveraging in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis from our Insights team, as well as our own analysis
- Build great stakeholder relationships - Work on x-functional projects with each of the Heads of / Directors for important functions to become a key player on end-to-end projects. By the end of 6 months you will have received clear feedback that you are seen as an influential member of the team.
- 1-2 years experience - we are open to a range of experience - be it in strategy consultancy, high growth tech, or traditional media/entertainment - but we expect you to have consistently shown high achievement in your past role(s).
- Analytical and entrepreneurial - we are a data-driven technology company so you’ll be expected to use data to make reasoned judgements in everything you do. You’ll need to understand every element of the delivery of your products and turn your hand to a multitude of tasks to realise the biggest opportunities for your part of the business. As such, we expect you to be highly proficient in Excel, and be able to communicate those insights into strategic actions for the team.
- A brilliant integrator - you’ll collaborate with every function of the business at Pollen, and need to have the ability to manage internal and external stakeholders expertly and project manage complex projects
- A team player - we like each other at Pollen and work hard to foster a great work environment where everyone can succeed. It’s important to us that you fit in well with our team ethos.
- Ability to travel - we’re a global team, with offices across Europe and North America, and destinations across the globe. As our business expands you will be expected to travel regularly domestically and internationally.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen is on a mission to have all the best experiences in one place. With Pollen+ you can pick from a highly curated selection of world class festivals and events such as Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits and Wireless festival. With Pollen Presents you can discover experiences only available through us, where we bring every major category of entertainment including music, sport and lifestyle to the most exciting destinations in the world such as Las Vegas, Ibiza and Los Cabos.
We are growing fast, with over $500 million in sales to date across hundreds of experiences at more than fifty of the best destinations globally. We have offices throughout North America and Europe, and have raised more than $100 million in venture funding from Northzone, Draper, Kindred, Backed and Sienna Capital.