Pollen is seeking a VP of Data to build out, manage, and scale our data platform so that we can embed data everywhere in the company. Bringing together all the relevant insights and data around the company into coherent streams and packaging it to help people make decisions will be critical to becoming a data-driven company.
By the end of 2021, we expect hundreds of thousands of people to be finding and purchasing experiences through the Pollen marketplace. We’re on plan to 2x our 350 strong headcount in the next 12 months with offices in London, Los Angeles, Toronto, Vegas & Wroclaw, and backing from some of the most exciting VC's in the world, this is an exciting time to be at Pollen.
Our core stack is Fivetran/Stitch, dbt, Snowflake, and Looker.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Hire and manage a world-class Data and Analytics team, who will operate core warehousing, business intelligence, and analytics tooling
- Design and execute the data roadmap and strategic vision for information delivery and management; including the data warehouse, BI & analytics, and data management processes
- Work closely with our Insights department, giving them the tools and capabilities needed to scale a consumer-focused department focused on wide market analysis and segmentation
- Use data science and modelling to support strategic Product features such as recommendations, dynamic pricing, and intelligent inventory management
- Scale our Data platform, providing easy access to complete and robust data sets around the company
- Design and build a data processing and management strategy that encompasses the telemetry, vendor reviews, and other information we collect through our Pollen app at experiences, building data sets to make our events better in the future
- Design best practices for data processing, data modelling and warehouse development throughout the company, ensuring clean data is always available
- Institute data governance and integrity programmes, empowering downstream users to make decisions quickly without second-guessing the source, and protecting the privacy of our users
- Working with functional leaders within Product and Technology, make sure Data is represented and engaged at all levels of strategy and execution, becoming a strategic partner for their work
- Build strategic relationships with Strategy, Insights, and Marketing teams, getting Data embedded throughout the company and powering decision-making
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen is on a mission to have all the best experiences in one place. With Pollen+ you can pick from a highly curated selection of world class festivals and events such as Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits and Wireless festival. With Pollen Presents you can discover experiences only available through us, where we bring every major category of entertainment including music, sport and lifestyle to the most exciting destinations in the world such as Las Vegas, Ibiza and Los Cabos.
We are growing fast, with over $500 million in sales to date across hundreds of experiences at more than fifty of the best destinations globally. We have offices throughout North America and Europe, and have raised more than $100 million in venture funding from Northzone, Draper, Kindred, Backed and Sienna Capital.