Pollen's marketplace, which has all the best experiences for young people in one place, is changing the game in live music, travel and youth culture.
Our travel sales ahead of 2021 are booming in spite of COVID-19, which is down to our curated travel offering - we put together blockbuster artists, the most exciting destinations and the best hotels to create an incredible experience for our members. We have long-running partnerships with the biggest brands in entertainment such as Live Nation and Universal Music Group, have raised over $120M to date, have offices in London, Wroclaw and across North America and ranked 4th in the Sunday Times fastest growing tech companies of 2020.
- Ambitious, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience designing and building multiple large financial models including three statement models and interfacing effectively with accounting systems and teams
- 8+ years in business development, investment banking, private equity and/or entertainment/technology companies
- Must be comfortable with an ever changing, high growth, roll up your sleeves environment
- Clear understanding of GAAP
- Accounting and/or Finance Degree with CPA and/or MBA
- Knowledge of Accounting ERP, BI, CRM, HRIS and other various tools to be able to effectively use historical data to predict future outcomes.
- Advanced excel, powerpoint and google suite skills to build collaborative tools to collect and deliver information.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Engage with business leaders in the company to establish robust, effective and dynamic planning & budget processes including regular reporting and variance review. Must be built with bottoms up approach, cash flow forecast with multiple scenarios and complex working capital management.
- Designing financial models and structuring data to facilitate easy analysis and scenario planning in the future using both historical data, business model unit economic assumptions and industry metrics to create insightful forecasts
- Design, develop, implement and improve processes related to budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis in high growth business.
- Working closely with our accounting, data science, growth, risk, strategy and other teams to ensure consistency in our work
- Use of best practice techniques to ensuring accurate and robust financial forecasts and feedback processes to iterate on plans with the relevant departmental and business unit leads
- Working cross functionally with other groups globally including but not limited to product, marketing, operations, sales, IT, etc.
- Comfortable creating and explaining analysis for Leadership Team, the Board, Investors and other stakeholders, both with respect to ongoing reporting as well a specific processes like fundraising
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen is on a mission to have all the best experiences in one place. With Pollen+ you can pick from a highly curated selection of world class festivals and events such as Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits and Wireless festival. With Pollen Presents you can discover experiences only available through us, where we bring every major category of entertainment including music, sport and lifestyle to the most exciting destinations in the world such as Las Vegas, Ibiza and Los Cabos.
We are growing fast, with over $500 million in sales to date across hundreds of experiences at more than fifty of the best destinations globally. We have offices throughout North America and Europe, and have raised more than $100 million in venture funding from Northzone, Draper, Kindred, Backed and Sienna Capital.