We're looking for inspirational Engineering Managers to work on the expansion of our experiences marketplace. At Pollen, our vision is to be responsible for 3/5 of people’s top memories. By the end of 2021, we expect hundreds of thousands of people to be finding and purchasing experiences through the Pollen marketplace. We’re on plan to 2x our 350 strong headcount in the next 12 months with offices in London, Los Angeles, Toronto, Vegas & Wroclaw, and backing from some of the most exciting VC's in the world, this is an exciting time to be at Pollen.
In the next 12 months you will be responsible for:
- Overall performance and health of the teams while fostering high engagement and an inclusive culture
- Growth and performance of the engineers supported by coaching and mentoring for all direct reports, maintaining Pollen's high retention rate of top performing staff and ensuring direct reports receive timely and actionable feedback
- Technical strategy and long term vision for the group, working with product and design to define and deliver goals
- Managing the engineering budget, capacity and hiring within your group
- Working with Tech Leads, drive engineering best practices that positively impact quality of our product and process
- Represent your group as an engineering leader when collaborating with other teams within the wider Pollen organisation
As part of the Engineering Management team, collaborate with other leaders to:
- Build a high performing organisation with an inclusive culture of continuous improvement, collaboration, ownership and mastery as we grow
- Improve our hiring and interviewing practices or drive organisation-wide initiatives to make an impact on our processes, ways of working, culture or quality
- Support our developer community with a focus on shared learning, improving engineering practices and knowledge sharing
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen is on a mission to have all the best experiences in one place. With Pollen+ you can pick from a highly curated selection of world class festivals and events such as Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits and Wireless festival. With Pollen Presents you can discover experiences only available through us, where we bring every major category of entertainment including music, sport and lifestyle to the most exciting destinations in the world such as Las Vegas, Ibiza and Los Cabos.
We are growing fast, with over $500 million in sales to date across hundreds of experiences at more than fifty of the best destinations globally. We have offices throughout North America and Europe, and have raised more than $100 million in venture funding from Northzone, Draper, Kindred, Backed and Sienna Capital.