We're looking for staff engineers with a keen interest in Python, Django & GraphQL to work on the expansion of our experiences marketplace. At Pollen, our vision is to be responsible for 3/5 of people’s top memories. By the end of 2021, we expect hundreds of thousands of people to be finding and purchasing experiences through the Pollen marketplace. We’re on plan to 2x our 350 strong headcount in the next 12 months with offices in London, Los Angeles, Toronto, Vegas & Wroclaw, and backing from some of the most exciting VC's in the world, this is an exciting time to be at Pollen.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Contribute towards our company success by growing our existing platform using Python 3, Django 2.0 and GraphQL on top of multiple internal services and including external APIs (including integrate various ticketing providers and payment processing platforms)
- Collaborate with product, design and other teams to gain sufficient business understanding to serve the needs of our clients, customers and colleagues and to support your team members in delivering solutions
- Balance the trade-offs of delivering sustainable code that provides an excellent customer experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Model good leadership behaviour by engaging in peer to peer feedback and code reviews to foster a healthy, collaborative engineering culture as measured by Spotify-style squad health checks
- Use test automation and agile practices to deliver features continuously to production, measured by feedback and daily releases going smoothly
- Be trusted with access to all of our production systems and improve our DevOps culture by participating in daily releases and technical customer support rota
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen is on a mission to have all the best experiences in one place. With Pollen+ you can pick from a highly curated selection of world class festivals and events such as Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits and Wireless festival. With Pollen Presents you can discover experiences only available through us, where we bring every major category of entertainment including music, sport and lifestyle to the most exciting destinations in the world such as Las Vegas, Ibiza and Los Cabos.
We are growing fast, with over $500 million in sales to date across hundreds of experiences at more than fifty of the best destinations globally. We have offices throughout North America and Europe, and have raised more than $100 million in venture funding from Northzone, Draper, Kindred, Backed and Sienna Capital.