Political Data Inc. (PDI) has for more than 30 years been California's largest provider of voter information and campaign software to political campaigns, consultants, and pollsters. PDI provides data and an electoral campaign platform used for phone banking, canvassing, data collection, voter registration, events management, and targeting. Our mission is strengthen the democratic process by providing political candidates and organizations with the best data and innovative tools supporting effective voter communications.
At PDI, we take a progressive approach to employee benefits and work-life integration. Your benefits package will include:
- Unlimited PTO you’ll be encouraged to take, a generous set of company holidays including recently added Juneteenth and two floating holidays per year for employee discretion
- Generous benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision and up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- A fully remote workplace with semi-annual company retreats to connect in person in fun places
- Family and pet bereavement leave
- Professional development
PDI is seeking a senior front end engineer to build the interfaces that power the next generation of political organizing, digital, and fundraising tools for Democratic campaigns and progressive organizations. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical expertise with a love of experimentation and learning new technologies, an ability to think holistically to develop common solutions that will scale across a range of applications, and an orientation towards innovative problem solving.
This is a remote position reporting to the Chief Product Officer
The salary range for this role is: $125,000 - $150,000
- Work closely with the product, design, and engineering team to lead PDI's front-end efforts
- In close consultation with the team, make technical decisions required to push PDI's roadmap forward
- Train current engineering staff on current front-end best practices and technologies
- Increase the efficiency of our design and engineering teams by implementing a cross-platform and cross-product design library
- Participate in all stages of the product development process from conception, through shipping and maintenance
- 5+ years of front-end development experience. Preference given to candidates with React/Next.js experience
- Deep understanding of front end fundamentals and responsive design
- You're excited by the prospect of mentoring developers to help them improve their front-end skills
- Experience implementing component libraries and cross-platform design systems
- You enjoy collaborating with product, design, and other stakeholders throughout the entire product development lifecycle to ensure the best possible product for our customers
- Experience managing front-end build and deployment processes and workflows
- You are a clear verbal and written communicator and maintainer of technical documentation
- You thrive in a remote working environment
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Node and .NET
- You have worked or volunteered on a political campaign before. You know what it’s like to be in a field office and how hard campaign work is and how we can support our clients’ success through our software.
- Experience working with a remote team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PDI values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. PDI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of any characteristic irrelevant to our mission, including: race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.