Are you looking to join a cutting-edge, global education program that serves the needs of each child? Learn more about the Polis World Schools!
Who We Are
Polis World School is a community of educators and thought leaders who are passionate about providing children with a global, dual-language education based in the Montessori Method. At the core of our school's program is:
The Montessori method, a pedagogical approach focused on independence and filled with direct practice of grit, persistence, practical know-how, and intelligent choices
A classical knowledge curriculum focused on the intellectual foundations of global civilization—science, literature, art, and history—as well as a structured approach to writing skills and true quantitative fluency
Urban experiential learning that takes full advantage of being located in one of the great cities of the world, with a discovery-based learning environment that integrates regular trips out into the city
Mandarin language programs that offer a chance to develop bilingual thinking, giving the twin gifts of direct access to a whole new realm of culture and opportunities, and access to a whole new perspective on one's own mind and expression
We have two campuses in Manhattan and we're looking for an Assistant Head of School to join our Museum Mile school team!
About the Role
As an Assistant Head of School with Polis World School, you will work with the Head of School to manage our innovative, global education program serving preschool students. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about education, has experience with teaching, operations and admissions, and is looking to grow into a Head of School role long-term.
- Supporting the creation of a strong culture on campus that embodies the mission of our organization,
- Managing/coaching our teaching staff
- Planning and hosting community outreach events
- Giving tours to prospective families, and converting leads to enrolled families
- Driving the enrollment process (managing leads utilizing a CRM system)
- Managing general, day-to-day operations for the school, e.g. billing, supply ordering, scheduling,field trips or "going outs", facilities maintenance
- Interfacing with parents to build community, answer questions, and resolve any concerns that may arise
What We Offer
- Ongoing professional development
- A network of peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 100% tuition discount for two children at one of our schools (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- The opportunity to contribute to an innovative, global educational program that serves the individual needs of each child
We'd love to talk with you if you have...
- Experience as a Montessori teacher
- 2+ years leadership experience at an independent school
- An affinity for connecting with people
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude for creating a warm and benevolent team culture
- A high degree of personal initiative
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
We'd prefer you over other candidates if you have...
- Familiarity with the Montessori Method of education
- Experience working with a CRM to track and manage leads
- Knowledge of the local community that will inform marketing effort