Who We Are
Polis Montessori World School is a community of educators and thought leaders who are passionate about providing children with a global, Montessori education that extends the classroom out into the museums, parks, and rich culture of the city. In addition to empowering children to be citizens of the world via a Montessori program that extends into the real world, Polis also offers language immersion to students to further enable them to engage as global citizens. Our programs extend from infancy all the way through age 12, spanning across two physical locations on either side of central park.
With our grand opening around the corner in Fall 2019, we are looking for a Parent & Child Community Outreach Manager to join our founding team!
As a Parent & Child Community Director with Polis Montessori World School, you will work with the Head of School to manage the community outreach strategy and to facilitate the Montessori Together classes at our innovative, global education school. Our Montessori Together program is an opportunity to introduce families to Montessori and to our vibrant school community, enabling parents to attend class with their child and see firsthand the value and beauty of the program and the connection between our passionate guides and each individual child. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about family education, has experience with teaching or community outreach, and loves connecting with people.
- Facilitating all components of our Montessori Together parent & child classes using high-quality Montessori materials and the Montessori framework, including scheduling, teaching, and written follow-up communication with families
- Collaborating in the development of the Montessori Together classes with other team members
- Driving the strategy and written-communication process for converting class participants to enrolled families
- Interfacing with existing parent communities to build awareness, answer questions, and expand their knowledge of Montessori
- Planning and hosting community engagement events
- Supporting the administrative team in the general, day-to-day operations for the school
- Cultivating a strong culture on campus that embodies the mission of our organization
What we offer:
- Ongoing professional development
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 75% tuition discount for two children at any school within our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality educational program that serves the individual needs of each child
We'd love to talk to you if you possess:
- Either 5+ years as a teacher in early childhood education or 3+ years working in community outreach/admissions
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- An affinity for connecting with people
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A high degree of personal initiative
- A passion for parent education
We'd prefer you over other candidates if you have...
- Familiarity with or training in the Montessori method of education
- Knowledge of the local community that will help attract more students into our program