In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Customer Service at Pg
The customer service team at Policygenius prides itself on putting our customers at the center of all we do. We work with inside sales, case management and customer success to provide the best insurance shopping experience ever (It’s a thing now). Our mission is to help iron out the kinks for clients who have had a bumpy experience. We want our customers to feel at ease--as if they are talking to a friend or family member--with the ability to connect via phone, chat, or email.
The work we do is no walk in the park--but it is super rewarding and has an immediate tie to Policygenius’ mission. You will get to exercise problem-solving on-the-fly, out-of-the-box thinking, and versatility: Issues? We'll take care of it. Complexities? We'll solve it. Questions? We’re all over it. Intrigued? Then come and join our team!
- Create, send & edit new life insurance applications to customers via varying carrier processes
- Receive and review new life insurance applications for missing information (i.e., forms, signatures, policy criteria, etc.) prior to submission to the insurance carrier
- Coordinate with appropriate carriers and vendors to schedule, reschedule, and track insurance exams and phone interviews
- Ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience with regular status updates and an emphasis on customer retention and speed to conversion
- Collaborate with the case management team with follow-up on outstanding requirements from customers and conduct regular customer follow-up on outstanding applications, exams, and phone interviews
- Address customers’ questions about the underwriting process, carrier requirements and other service issues in a professional manner and through multiple channels (i.e. phone, email, chat, and SMS)
- Adhere to team norms and policies and meet quality standards and service level agreements (SLAs) in your daily work
- Master the workflows and software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Collaborate with other operations teams (sales, customer success, case management and quality assurance)
- Contribute toward team goals and support onboarding of new team members as required
- A positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and passion for helping customers
- A customer centered mindset -- motivated by solving problems for customers and your team
- Strong communication & effective listening skills with an attention to detail
- Humility and an openness to learn
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team
- A teamwork mindset -- you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- Willingness to obtain your life insurance agent license within 30 days of employment
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Key success metrics for your role…
- Conversion of online chats to outbound sales call and/or online application
- Conversion of applications into underwriting
- Customer satisfaction
Working at Policygenius...
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)