In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
PolicyGenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
About Advanced Planning at PG…
Remember the Mighty Ducks movies (one or two, we all forgot about three…)? Remember how they would take on insurmountable odds, but always used their teamwork to overcome their bigger, tougher opponents? That’s advanced planning at Policygenius.
Our advanced planning team takes on the challenge of selling and fulfilling products that are traditionally hard to place in the insurance industry, such as disability and whole life insurance. Our sales associates and case managers work side by side to answer tough questions and give advice on how the pieces of a financial plan fit together with insurance. The team works as a unit to help our users find the best protection out there and support them as they move through the underwriting process and place their new policy. This role reports to our disability and advanced planning manager and sits in our broader operations department.
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for clients? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to work directly with other company stakeholders to build the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance? Then come join the PolicyGenius team!
As a case manager you would be part of a close-knit team that learns on the go and takes on any challenge. Come be part of our Flying V!!!
- Review and send insurance applications and policies to our clients
- Coordinate with with our brokers and carriers to efficiently communicate our client’s needs
- Conduct regular client follow-up and check-ins on outstanding applications, exams, financial documents, and phone interviews
- Prepare disability and whole life insurance illustrations as needed
- Support in-force policy servicing and maintenance as needed
- Together with the sales associates, address customer questions about service issues
- Adhere to team norms and policies and meet quality standards and service level agreements (SLAs) in your daily work
- Master all carrier application submission workflows and software systems necessary to provide prompt turnaround times to user requests
- Contribute toward team goals and support onboarding of new team members as required
- Provide actionable feedback from clients to drive process and product improvements
- Partner with the business and technology team to design and test workflows that will be the foundation for the PolicyGenius client service organization
- Support our sales associates with any and all requests
- Mastered the knuckle-puck shot
- Knowledge of and at least 1 year’s work experience in the financial services industry
- A positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and passion for helping clients
- A service mindset – motivated by solving problems for clients and your team
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A teamwork mindset – you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- Ability to communicate precisely and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external customers alike
- Strong attention to detail and self-management
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload while maintaining frequent communication to manage customer expectations appropriately
- Ability to react to change in a productive and positive manner
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Key success metrics for your role…
- Conversion of applications to policies
- Shortened time our applicants spend in underwriting
- Happy policyholders!
Working at Policygenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)