In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
About the role:
We’re helping people get the protection they need and feel good about it. But what if you have no clue what you need? Can’t tell a deductible from a drainpipe? Never fear! The Policygenius content team is here. Editorial at Policygenius serves to build consumer awareness and provide decision support with the ultimate goal of helping readers become customers. This is a potentially long journey from discovery to education to action.
The Insurance Editor will help write and edit a library of best-in-class educational content for decision support across multiple insurance verticals. This role will work closely with our Senior Editor of Personal Finance, our SEO Product Manager and our Content Strategist to grow organic search traffic to this content. The Insurance Editor will play a key part in delivering on Policygenius’ mission. This role will report to the Senior Editor, Personal Finance.
- Excited about joining a fast-growing startup
- Passionate about helping people understand personal finance and make better choices
- Able to combine analytical and editorial sensibilities; you nerd out on your research but make your writing simple and clear
- Curious to a fault -- you’ll test your thesis and keep working a problem until you find a solution that works
- Collaborate with SEO and our Content Strategist on keyword strategy for our high-intent insurance content
- Work closely with the above and our Sr. Editor, Personal Finance to establish priorities for content workflow based on SEO strategy
- Write and edit the best explainer content on the internet about life, health, renters, pet, disability and auto insurance. (And more to come!)
- Collaborate with our Content Strategist on producing calculators and other interactive components related to financial protection
- Refresh and optimize our existing library of high-intent content in line with our SEO plan to grow organic traffic to existing pages
- Report performance progress and data-driven insights to help shape strategy direction
- Successfully grow search traffic to our content pages and increase conversion rates to our shopping product
- A passion for editing and making financial protection information accessible, easy to digest and even (gasp!) fun to read
- Knowledge of insurance and personal finance fundamentals — you’d be comfortable giving advice to your friends and family
- 3+ years experience writing and editing insurance or editorial content for a digital publication
- Familiarity with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- Comfort collaborating with stakeholders from different departments such as SEO & Marketing
- Ability to get information you need -- knowledge of where to pull industry reports & resources you might need in writing company reviews, state guides, etc
- Experience tracking traffic and keyword growth & reporting progress to your team
Working at Policygenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)