In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Creative at Policygenius
If you’re a copywriter looking for a new gig, chances are you never pictured yourself working in insurance. But Policygenius is different to other insurance companies. We have to be. As a startup pitting itself against the behemoths of the industry, doing great work is key to our survival. It’s also a lot more fun than making boring work. The creative department is responsible for everything from social, to display, podcast, TV, out of home, activations and more. There’s no shortage of opportunity.
About the role...
Policygenius is looking for a Digital Copywriter & Social Strategist to join our New York City team. In the first role of its kind at Pg, you’ll write, review and edit marketing campaigns, as well as coordinate social media activities for our growing brand. Reporting into the Creative Director, you’ll have a unique opportunity to help shape the voice of our company and the way we engage with our audience. You’ll be building a community by offering valuable advice (plus, some very entertaining content) to our consumers.
- Eager to join a FinTech startup with the potential to change a massive industry
- Obsessed with writing content that gets shared, and working to distribute that content in social channels
- Excited to represent the voice of a fresh, new brand in social media as it builds its marketing presence
- Curious to a fault, and energized by creative problem solving
- Results-oriented, but flexible in your thinking about how you’ll get there
- An adaptable, quick learner who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Understand the goal, audience, and message of a campaign and create copy to suit.
- Write, edit and proof all levels of copy included headlines and body copy, for online, offline, external and internal needs.
- Build and implement social media programs that that grow our community and build valuable relationships, across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, etc.
- Monitor social media groups, trends, tools, and applications and recommend actions/next steps to improve performance and grow engagement
- Work closely with our content and marketing teams to develop and post content to social networking sites.
- Monitor and engage in brand related online conversations.
- Surveil the company's social media performance usage reports and tracking search engine results, and share the insights with internal and external stakeholders.
- Use creative thinking and initiative to analyze site performance metrics and make recommendations on content, site design or features to improve effectiveness of web content and/or applications.
- Respond to social media inquiries about online activities in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Provide support to other team members on online promotions (such as Hubspot/Wordpress, Google, AdWords campaigns and email marketing).
- 3+ years experience as a copywriter or social media coordinator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics and tracking
- Project management and organization skills
- Ability to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
- BS degree in Advertising, Journalism, PR, Communications, or related field
- Web publishing experience
- Experience managing communications through website planning, management and production
- Insurance / finance or advertising agency experience preferred
Working at Policygenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)