In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Marketing at Policygenius
The Policygenius marketing team isn’t afraid of tackling a daunting challenge: changing customers’ minds about a distrusted, disliked industry. We’ve flipped insurance marketing on its head, believing that there’s more to this than just cookie-cutter policy selling. Instead, we educate, inform and empower, making the bet that trust and authenticity lead to happy customers. We buckle in for a ride every day, because fintech isn’t easy. Our customer journeys are nuanced and our product mix is complex, but it’s an even match—this team is composed of disciplined problem solvers who always fight for what’s best for the customer.
About the role...
You’re the person that’s always good at a little of everything. You’re ruthlessly analytical and data-driven, but you get bored if you don’t also get to be creative and generate blue-sky ideas. You’ve probably spent a fair amount of time trying to find a role that gives you the runway to flex all of those muscles.
Well, allow us to introduce you to Product Marketing at Policygenius.
As Product Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our customers stay at the heart of everything we do. Your deep understanding of product positioning and consumer behavior will ensure we’re consistently exceeding expectations and differentiating our offering in the marketplace. Working extremely cross-functionally, you’ll help drive action in every part of the business based on your insights and intuition.
Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, this position will have high impact touch-points with Marketing, Design, Product, Operations and Engineering to launch both new products and optimize existing ones. You will be responsible for business-critical KPIs, including increasing conversion rates, building audiences and driving new sign-ups.
- A data-driven marketer, who constructs testable hypotheses based on a blend of funnel metrics, customer insights and educated instincts
- Right and left brained, with the skill to nimbly shift between the two. You’re ruthlessly analytical in pursuit of improving conversion, with the creativity and communication skills to evolve our dialogue with customers.
- Not necessarily the next great 21st century author, but can craft strategic messaging that speaks to customers emotionally and rationally based on changing contexts and lifecycle phases.
- Able to take the wheel before being asked. You are self-driven and diligent, with exceptional attention to detail, and super-organized with great follow-through.
- Intrinsically curious. You are a creative thinker and innovative problem solver who is always looking for a better way.
- Agile. You are a highly-productive, skilled multi-tasker who can prioritize while wearing many hats and juggling many balls. You are able to pivot quickly and on-the-fly.
- Be the voice of our customers! You’ll build a deep knowledge of our customers’ needs, questions and concerns, and then directly translate those insights into action across the company
- Lead conversion rate optimization across multiple products to better address customer needs and objections
- Pair user and product data to move the business forward with insights and action
- Define and refine how we position and message our products, enabling our Marketing, Product and Operations teams to communicate with customers effectively
- Champion adoption of new products by leading go-to-market strategies
- Understand our broad competitive landscape to better differentiate our products in the marketplace
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience, ideally at a startup, with strong examples of quantifiable business impact
- An understanding of consumer behavior and psychology, enabling you to bridge the gap between consumer needs and Policygenius products
- Analytical chops and a creative mind, with the skill to seamlessly switch between the two or blend them together as needed
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to develop messaging strategies drawn from consumer insights
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines and communicating with stakeholders across multiple teams
- Ambition, curiosity, and a desire to hit the ground running
Working at Policygenius...
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)