In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Design at Policygenius
At Policygenius we’re fortunate to have founders and team leadership that recognize design as our primary problem solving tool--not just a method for producing attractive interfaces. This means no thankless slogs trying to get buy in on major design/product initiatives. We’re all aware that our task is to reshape the way real people make informed decisions about their safety nets, and that design plays a major role in those journeys.
Our design team is small, which means everything you do will be high-impact. We pair with other team members very frequently, and we value informed dissent. Seriously.
- A seasoned product designer (5+ years in the trenches) with a sharp focus on efficient, minimal, and enjoyable experiences
- Ready to help lead the product design process from ambiguity to ship! You’ll be tackling an enormous, consumer-facing challenge that is being experienced by millions of people everyday.
- Excited to help plot the future of the Policygenius experience.
- Hungry. You’ve been described as a ‘killer problem solver’, and are looking to have one of those Lady & The Tramp spaghetti moments with your next employer.
- Someone who can roll with the punches/ambiguity. Always prepared to jump in and out of different work-streams across marketing, branding, research, and UX/UI projects.
- Excited to shape and reinforce our design culture here at PG.
What we expect from you….
- Significant skill in the three main product design disciplines: UI - UX - User Research
- Deep experience creating interfaces across a variety of devices/screens
- Experience leading a team of designers to hit company goals
- Solid understanding that design is problem solving; a vessel to hit business goals and fulfill user needs
- Adept communication skills. You’re able to ask the right questions, articulate decisions, and probe for requirements from other disciplines on the team.
- Solid understanding of user testing and user research with an innate need to seek out user feedback.
- Partner with the Chief Design Officer and Product leaders/managers to shape product requirements, usher them into reality, and improve the PG design language along the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to harness the appropriate fidelity.
- Experience balancing speed with the attention to detail needed to deliver on-brand experiences (e.g. sometimes sidestepping perfection in order to get things done.)
Working at Policygenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)