In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Product Design at Policygenius
At Policygenius we’re fortunate to have founders and team leadership that recognize design as our primary problem solving tool--not just a method for producing attractive interfaces. This means no thankless slogs trying to get buy in on major design/product initiatives. We’re all aware that our task is to reshape the way real people make informed decisions about their safety nets, and that design plays a major role in those journeys.
Our design team is small, which means everything you do will be high-impact. We pair with other team members very frequently, and we value informed dissent. Seriously.
- Sit next to & communicate with engineers and product managers daily, fulfilling our "no surprises" mantra
- Ask the right questions, articulate decisions, and probe for requirements
- Conduct user research & testing, but don't need to be an expert in that field
- Work with the Chief Design Officer and Product leaders/managers to shape product requirements, usher them into reality, and improve the PG design language along the way
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to harness the appropriate fidelity
- Balance speed with the attention to detail needed to deliver on-brand experiences (e.g. sometimes sidestepping perfection in order to get things done)
- Fulfill a player/coach role (70%/30%) and ranges from sole designer on a project to being the design lead on larger initiatives (with teams of 2-3 designers)
- A seasoned product designer (6+ years in the trenches) with a sharp focus on efficient, minimal, and enjoyable experiences
- Excited to tackle an enormous, consumer-facing challenge that is being experienced by millions of people everyday
- Of the belief that design is a problem solving tool; a vessel to hit business goals and fulfill user needs
- Significantly skilled in two of the three main product design disciplines: UI - UX - User Research
- Comfortable creating interfaces across a variety of devices/screens
- Someone who can roll with the punches/ambiguity
- Experienced leading individual designers, and delivering feedback to help their designs hit the mark
- Described as a ‘killer problem solver’, and looking to have one of those Lady & The Tramp spaghetti moments with your next employer
- Excited to shape and reinforce our design culture here at Policygenius
Working at Policygenius you'll get...
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhhhh… It’s a secret!)