In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
We love to learn. And to ask questions. We’re passionate, caring and a little quirky. We hope there is something non-work related that gets you really excited, because we’d love to share in it.
We’ll set you up with whichever tools you need to succeed (hardware, software, books, etc). And you’ll work in our sweet new office space in Flatiron!
We’re into Agile and Lean, with an emphasis on light process that keeps us focused and happy. We perform code reviews in Github, we pair program and we keep ourselves in check with continuous integration.
What you will do
- Provide subject matter expertise in all areas security, including authentication, architecture, data protection, and systems and IT security
- Design and implement solutions to detect and prevent compromise; from initial compromise through persistence, lateral movement, and exfiltration
- Maintain and communicate the products' threat model, security properties, and trust model
- Work across all development teams to ensure a high level of security engineering and review
- Write security and compliance related documentation as necessary
What we expect from you:
- Strong coder. Regardless whether you still develop, we do, and you need to understand us
- 3 years minimum in a security engineering role
- Working knowledge of standard testing methodologies (OWASP, SANS, CIS Critical Controls, etc.)
- Understand the market for vendors of vulnerability management tools and ability to evaluate and propose solutions
- Be a team player, prepared to wear different hats if needed
Technologies we use...
- React, Redux, GraphQL, Apollo Client
- HTML, CSS, SASS
- Buildkite, Docker, Kubernetes
- BLT, SCUBA, JFK, UFO, TBD, ROFL
Working at PolicyGenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO and opportunities for paid training
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)