In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
We love to learn. And to ask questions. We’re passionate, caring and a little quirky. We hope there is something non-work related that gets you really excited, because we’d love to share in it.
We’ll set you up with whichever tools you need to succeed (hardware, software, books, etc). And you’ll work in our sweet new office space in Flatiron!
We’re into Agile and Lean, with an emphasis on light process that keeps us focused and happy. We perform code reviews in Github, we pair program and we keep ourselves in check with continuous integration.
What you will do:
- Work with Product and Engineering to identify high-value areas to test.
- Support our Product team by recreating and diagnosing issues reported by customers and team members.
- Establish processes, frameworks and tools by which our applications and services, across the stack, can be tested automatically.
- Work with DevOps to build and maintain a robust CI/CD infrastructure.
- Design, build and maintain solid test infrastructure, including unit, contract and A/B.
What we expect from you:
- At least 3 years professional experience testing consumer web sites and building functional automation tests.
- Experience with automated test tools and frameworks.
- Knowledge of QA best practices and how to create processes to drive quality in a product.
- Experience with performance, security, and scalability testing
- A passion for automating everything!
Technologies we use...
- React, Redux, GraphQL, Apollo Client
- HTML, CSS, SASS
- Buildkite, Docker, Kubernetes
- BLT, SCUBA, JFK, UFO, TBD, YMMV, ROFL
Working at Policygenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- A new, custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation!!
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)