In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
About Customer Success at PG…
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for clients? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to work directly with other company stakeholders to build the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance? Then come join the Policygenius team!
As a Junior Customer Success Associate, you would be using and expanding these skills. You would be part of a close-knit team that gets to experience the immediate impact of Policygenius’ life insurance product.
- Address clients’ questions about life insurance, the policy they’re applying for and the application process
- Communicate the Policygenius value proposition to clients and address questions and concerns
- Adhere to team norms and policies and meet quality standards and service level agreements (SLAs) in your daily work
- Professionally communicate to clients through multiple channels: phone, email, chat and SMS
- Master the workflows and software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Collaborate with other operations teams (customer service, case management, inside sales and quality assurance)
- Contribute toward team goals and support onboarding of new team members as required
- Provide actionable feedback from clients to drive process and product improvements
- Partner with the business and technology teams to design and test workflows that will be the foundation for the Policygenius’ operations organization
- Support in-force policy servicing and maintenance as needed
- Carefully review documents for completion and accuracy
- Provide best-in-class customer service and client experience
- Become a subject matter expert on DocuSign and Adobe Acrobat
- A positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and passion for helping clients
- A service mindset – motivated by solving problems for clients and your team
- Strong communication skills with an attention to detail
- Humility and an openness to learn
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A teamwork mindset -- you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- Ability to communicate precisely and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external customers alike
- Strong attention to detail and self-management
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload while maintaining frequent communication to manage customer expectations appropriately
- Ability to react to change in a productive and positive manner
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- Willingness to obtain your life insurance agent license within 30 days of employment
Working at Policygenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)