In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
PolicyGenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Editorial at PolicyGenius
What’s the best way to avoid a $3,000 medical bill? What are the best countries to vacation on $50 per day? How do Xennials budget? Are Xennials even an a thing? The editorial team at PolicyGenius is building a full-scale digital magazine about personal finance and financial protection to answer these questions and more. It’ll provide helpful educational tidbits and interesting cultural perspectives. We’ll both entertain and inform, and help readers make better financial choices. Join us!
The Partnerships Manager will work with a wide network of syndication partners, publishing allies and internet friends to expand the reach of our content and our brand. You’ll work with our editorial team to pitch our content, ideas and writers for coverage with major publications, and report to our Sr. Editor of Personal Finance. This will be the first Partnerships Manager role at PolicyGenius.
- Excited to represent the voice of a fresh, new brand in conversation with the media community
- Eager to join a fast-growing FinTech startup with the potential to make a massive impact
- Curious to a fault and energized by creative problem solving
- Results-oriented, but flexible in your thinking about how you’ll achieve them
- Develop and manage a system for media outreach to encourage aggregation of (and linking to) our articles
- Establish and manage syndication relationships with major news & media outlets
- Work with our Sr. Editor, Personal Finance to identify priority stories to pitch for coverage
- Create opportunities for PolicyGenius guest articles on major publications and manage relationships that facilitate them
- Ideate, write and pitch interesting articles on PolicyGenius that can get aggregated with partners
- A wide network of contacts in publishing and media in general who you communicate with regularly
- A proven track record of 3-4 years building relationships with partners and getting stories aggregated/ linked to from major outlets
- An instinct for pitching stories in a way that piques interest from reporters and editors
- Broad familiarity with the media landscape and a strong sense of what kinds of stories generate interest from specific outlets
- A passion for writing interesting, engaging articles and pitching them effectively for syndication and aggregation
Working at PolicyGenius...
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- A new, custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation!!
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
We’ve already captured the attention of the media and the insurance industry...
The New York Times
Looking Out for Yourself With Disability Insurance