In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
PolicyGenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Editorial at PolicyGenius
What’s the best way to avoid a $3,000 medical bill? What are the best countries to vacation on $50 per day? How do Xennials budget? Are Xennials even an a thing? The editorial team at PolicyGenius is building a full-scale digital magazine about personal finance and financial protection to answer these questions and more. It’ll provide helpful educational tidbits and interesting cultural perspectives. We’ll both entertain and inform, and help readers make better financial choices. Join us!
The Staff Editor will work closely with our editorial team to conceive, write, edit and assign best-in-class editorial content that will grow a dedicated readership. This position will report to our Sr. Editor of Personal Finance.
- Passionate about writing, researching and editing content that entertains as much as it informs
- Excited to join a fast-growing FinTech startup with the potential to make a massive impact
- Addicted to seeing your content spread to large audiences and determined to write hits for social and SEO.
- Comfortable managing freelance writers and interns, accepting and assigning pitches
- Work with our Sr. Editor of Personal Finance to pitch and identify priority stories in the editorial calendar
- Write stories regularly under your own byline
- Edit stories from your colleagues on the editorial team as well as freelance writers
- Accept and assign pitches from freelance writers
- Identify priorities and optimize our existing content for SEO
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions for video/ multimedia pieces and social campaigns
- Work with the Partnerships Manager to write guest pieces for other major media outlets
- 2-4 years of experience writing and editing in a fast-paced, digital-first environment
- A distinct perspective and your own editorial voice. We’re shaking up personal finance, and we want our editorial to reflect that.
- A proven track record of generating creative editorial ideas that successfully earn readership in search and social
- Knowledge of SEO best practices in writing, link strategy and keyword research
- Experience assessing polls, surveys and other kinds of data to find interesting stories is a plus
- No expertise needed in personal finance or insurance—but you have to be curious!
Working at PolicyGenius...
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- A new, custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation!!
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
We’ve already captured the attention of the media and the insurance industry...
The New York Times
Looking Out for Yourself With Disability Insurance